What did you do this week end?

1967spud

Persoally i annealed 1200 customer cases getting through two lots of gas and neck turned 100 6mm ppc for a very important customer. I enjoyed every bloomin minute.

Hi,

Friday night - 3 foxes with the .204

Saturday - 1st buck of the season with a .308, now in the freezer at the North London, Bisley

Sunday - Tidy up and some chequering in the workshop, now heading home for a curry

Alan

made some rounds up

cleaned a rifle

and butchered 3 deer for the freezer

OH AND HAD 4 PINTS OF REAL ALE wife is cooking a roast and ime having a single malt

life is all GOOOOOOD :D

Persoally i annealed 1200 customer cases getting through two lots of gas and neck turned 100 6mm ppc for a very important customer. I enjoyed every bloomin minute.

sorted [hopefully]my loading for the 6.5x284 yesterday.and today went to "the very important customers"house and helped him set his dies up for his -6ppc,so those cases better be spot on spud! ;)

fitted new aftermarket exhaust to sons car including modifying brackets etc. brought new cross slide home and fitted to lathe and tested. started to sort out shed so I can start loading new (to me anyway) 87 vmax H4350.

Having a brew while dog keeps coming to tell me it's time to go for a walk.

A spot of vermin bashing between milkings both sat and sun and not all with the rifle.

Total upto now 1xfox with the .22/250 under the lamp (lamb killer)

2xmink (trapped and dispatched)

7xrabbits for 7 shots (furthest 391yards with the .223)

6xmaggies with the Larsen (two more knocking about it when I finished milking fingers crossed!)

And hopefully a problem fox at a new permission once I've had supper.

All in all a good weekend even though I am working!

Anyone near me (carlisle area) needs a call bird for Larsen just send me a pm.

Shot Practical rifle up at Diggle and had a great day yesterday.

Annealed a 1000 .223 cases , sized and trimmed them all today. Thank the good Lord for mr Giraud. :D

Finished barreling a 22br. Had (and passed) a medical. Played with my daughter. And as soon as I've finished watching the F1, I'm going to go and have a look for some furry animals to shoot. Not a bad one I suppose?!

sorted [hopefully]my loading for the 6.5x284 yesterday.and today went to "the very important customers"house and helped him set his dies up for his -6ppc,so those cases better be spot on spud! ;)

13 thou neck wall as asked for

8.5 really :P

Working late friday evening.

Sat, went to one of the areas I stalk with my kids and moved a high seat, spent a few hours there then met up with a mate and went for walk before going to a store where they sell a brand I like and getting a couple of new windproof / waterproof jackets.

Had curry sat night watched film and some wine, mrs was away on a hen night :)

Sunday, went to the club with kids to do some sword work, then spent afternoon doing jobs around the house and managed a four mile run in very windy weather, this evening been to Ju Jitsu for three hours helping with kids class then adults) now sore...

No shooting but got some air and had enjoyable and peaceful weekend....

Worked until 8pm Friday, worked until 8pm Saturday, worked until 9pm today and away at 6am in the morning, never mind new ceracoating oven should turn up this week.

Standby for work still in PNG a week over contract.

Cut me leg open on a load of barnacles whilst wrestling with a tide gauge, on the plus side the water is a very nice temperature out here.

4.5 mile hill rep run followed by skinning out half a Papuan Carpet python that the sea eagles hadn't chomped down, it's come up really nice so very pleased.

Ive not tanned a snake before, its a dam sight easier than a deer or sheep skin.

All in all not a bad day at the office

554996_3064758353936_706246944_n.jpg

Well with still recuperating from my knee op (still not allowed out shooting) bought my wife a Spa on Saturday, and spent the rest of Saturday going through my knives and sharpening them, still got a few to catch up on.

Sunday had a lazy morning (this recuperating is busy stuff you know) and then the Grandkids came over for Sunday lunch and spent the afternoon making a mess!!!

Kip

watching the fox earths, saw no foxes but a good number of Sika and the male Hen Harrier that seems to show up every evening now around the same time. Took a big old buck hare and one Rabbit for the pot off the fell, the wind was really ripping so well pleased both shots placed so well. Oh and clearing a ditch out with spade! that wasn't quite so entertaining as the former stuff

Archived