What did you do this week end?

1967spud

Saturday I went to the Catton Park Gamekeepers fair with the wife and the dogs, had a good look around, raced my terrier who floored all the competition (although he ripped his back left paw nail and he is feeling rather sorry for himself), and then went to York where I worked all Sunday...

No rifles, but had a good time with the Family at the fair, doesn't happen often enough...!

Best wishes,

Finman

Well givvuz a clue then!

hes a member of ukv i think is in the same buisness as 007 :ph34r: thats a big clue

All the best people go to York on a Weekend!

Saturday I went to the Catton Park Gamekeepers fair with the wife and the dogs, had a good look around, raced my terrier who floored all the competition (although he ripped his back left paw nail and he is feeling rather sorry for himself), and then went to York where I worked all Sunday...

No rifles, but had a good time with the Family at the fair, doesn't happen often enough...!

Best wishes,

Finman

nope not that i know off unless hes in to special movies

he called at mine today i was painting-he rolled up with all his lackeys in tow -a bit of a shock as we dont get his sort round our way.showed him how to fire form the 220 russians with pistol powder and wax plug.i think he will get one of his minnions to do that.

he called at mine today i was painting-he rolled up with all his lackeys in tow -a bit of a shock as we dont get his sort round our way.showed him how to fire form the 220 russians with pistol powder and wax plug.i think he will get one of his minnions to do that.

charmed life thats all i can say gary i did here he was going to attend diggle soion and there would be an autograph signing session

Barrelled 2x 6.5x47s bead blasted both started load development on one of the rifles , shoots very well so might take it to diggle next month . made some rest feet and bag riders (for AI stocks) .

Contacted Doosan for price on a vertical mill , that made me sit down quick .

I was before the sun on Sunday, 2 cups of coffee, then off to shoot. Shot my .233, using up some ammo I had accumulated (making empty cases for reloading mostly). And, my .280, just because I hadn't shot it in awhile.

Took a nap along the way..........

Rearranged the gun safe, man cave, even thought about adding another reloading bench.

Then I replaced the MOA trigger in a Winchester M70 .308 with a new Timney trigger. I crossed my mind that I should shoot it, but I realized I didn't have any ammo loaded up. The trigger feels really nice, looking forward to the test run.

Had nice cold Leinenkugel Summer Shandy beer to finish the evening off. Actually 2.....

Tried my first neck turned brass reloads 5x shots @ 200yds 0.7" in gusty wind ! :D

well done gunner the neck turniing looks like its paying off

i hope your finishing it with 0000

• 3 weeks later...
well done gunner the neck turniing looks like its paying off

i hope your finishing it with 0000

Thanks spud- UUM no ! but i am now lol ! i assume you mean out side neck and case mouth finished with oooo ? and if only i could shoot groups like these all the time !

Thanks spud- UUM no ! but i am now lol ! i assume you mean out side neck and case mouth finished with oooo ? and if only i could shoot groups like these all the time !

yes on the out side

Some long range practice and ammo testing with .22 RF in fields (its mini bunnies everywhere here so a few weeks off them required). Had to shoot down a Dog training dummy I got stuck up a big ash tree Friday eve, so the air rifle came out sat- so what the heck! It out so I spent an hour or so with that practicing off hand shots at empty shotgun cases. Lit a big bonfire of twigs, leaves etc. (after flushing out all the Lil Bunnies that thought it was good lodgings). Spent a few hours watching the Hares basking in the sun - a rare occurrence ! (sun not hares being lazy). Loaded up a batch of .243 (which I shot yesterday at 360 yds)

Archived