Civilian Service Rifle last weekend.

baldie

Had a great days shooting at Bisley on the new turners on shite siberia last weekend. Along with 60 other nutters. :lol:

Many thanks to Bradders for organising it.

There were loads of good videos shot. Someone followed me down on the urban contact match. Yes, i am a little "stout" at the minute..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO238u1YanI

Had a great days shooting at Bisley on the new turners on shite siberia last weekend. Along with 60 other nutters. :lol:

Many thanks to Bradders for organising it.

There were loads of good videos shot. Someone followed me down on the urban contact match. Yes, i am a little "stout" at the minute..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO238u1YanI

baldie

looks good fun, never done anything like that before.

bet you're pleased you didn't have to go prone in phase 4 :lol: :lol:

thanks for sharing

cheers jock

Looks like MASSIVE fun... no wonder I couldn't find you on Century!!!

What is that you are shooting?

Not much brass pickup by the looks of it..... must find out when the next one is and have a 'scavenge'!!!

Thats a .223 AR Dave. No, not much picking up due to the mud. My cases were on their last legs anyway, so they went in the bin. Most use milsurp for the CQB and short range stuff, as its accurate enough.

I reload 77 grain SMK,s and shoot them at everything. Works for me. I won the practical class this match.

Practical/csr is immense fun, and i have always thought, it was "proper" shooting. There is a huge amount of skill involved. No rests, physical exertion, very fast, snap shooting etc. Having been a gallery rifle shot for some time helps enormously, as you are used to freehand shooting.

One of the COF,s was designed to simulate the drill for pistol shooting at body armour...ie 2 rounds in the chest scoring area, then one in the face. Try that in 5 seconds to include reloading ! :D

That was Siberia! What have they done to the place, I know it has been a few weeks since I last went but it was mostly nice grass last time...

looks like great fun BTW.

Thats a .223 AR Dave. No, not much picking up due to the mud. My cases were on their last legs anyway, so they went in the bin. Most use milsurp for the CQB and short range stuff, as its accurate enough.

I reload 77 grain SMK,s and shoot them at everything. Works for me. I won the practical class this match.

Practical/csr is immense fun, and i have always thought, it was "proper" shooting. There is a huge amount of skill involved. No rests, physical exertion, very fast, snap shooting etc. Having been a gallery rifle shot for some time helps enormously, as you are used to freehand shooting.

One of the COF,s was designed to simulate the drill for pistol shooting at body armour...ie 2 rounds in the chest scoring area, then one in the face. Try that in 5 seconds to include reloading ! :D

Oh Christ... I'm going to need ANOTHER gun!!!

Yes, with practice and a good position and hold they can be shot as fast and accurately and a semi can be shot fast and 'Accurately'. They obviously will never be as fast as a semi but from what I hav seen can shoot just as, if not more, accurately than a semi.

You should have seen it a couple of days before Terry. The nra have installed a bank of turning targets, smack in the middle of the entire butt. Rumour has it , thats its for police use mainly, but obviously will get used by us. Short siberia is a swamp at the best of times, and new drainage was put in on the shotgun range last year. I hope they have put some more in whilst this lot was on.

They scraped a foot of mud off the firing points, and gravelled the hard earth underneath.

It will be fine come the spring i reckon, and a great addition to a fine range.

Now they need to understand that people like to sleep in rat free, mouse that which promotes growth and vigour free, undraughty, non boer war type accomodation.

Then we will be making real progress. :lol:

That looks like good fun, will have to go along for a look at some point. Very impressed with rate of fire, and Ive shot a few straight pull rifles in the last few years.

The 4 gun is gonna be a blinder Mark. You stopping over in the Canada ?

I'm staying at St George's, but will be partaking in all the festivities.

Didn't know you were coming, good lad.

Andy Brock, your comment about too much running is rather sad, if 3x25yd is a bit too much running, then there/ no hope for any of us...

How does it track Dave? Does it have paralax adjustment?

Im after a scope for my .22lr. Dont laugh!

A few members of our club want to try making our own comp for shooting out to a couple of hundres metres or further if its a success and I need a reliable scope that tracks well without going mad on price!

Garry

A few members of our club want to try making our own comp for shooting out to a couple of hundres metres or further if its a success and I need a reliable scope that tracks well without going mad on price!

Garry

It tracks 100%. I have one on my gallery rifle i use for TP1 and multi target That has been dialled up and down, thousands of times, and never missed a beat.

The one on the AR is just the same...faultless

Side parallax corrector.

Garry

Archived