600 BR shoot Diggle 27th Dec

The Gun Pimp

Well, we had a great day with a good entry and, as I know he is too modest to tell you himself, that 'Foxing 2 night' guy Darrel blew the lot of us into the weeds - winning not only the Factory Sporter Class but Light Gun Class as well with his 6.5x47 AI.

Darrel's group of 1.823 inches and agg of 2.839 inches (average of four, 5-shot groups was enough to win both classes! A very accurate rifle in the hands of a good shooter makes for a winning combination - well done matey.

I'll have the full results up on 'News links & competitions@ on hte UKBRA website www.ukbra.co.uk

Come on guys - give it a go! Darrel took home £50 in winnings.

Vince

Thanks Vince, Darren and Dave,,,

I knew that i had a small group,, but i never believed that i could of won all the custom lads aswell

And i believe that it is a record factory sporter group aswell :D ,,

As allways Vince a good day was had by all

Come on lads get up to the diggle, you really do not know what you are missing,,,,

Very friendly bunch and a wealth of knowledge,,,

Thanks again, Darrel ;)

Darrel's group of 1.823 inches and agg of 2.839 inches (average of four, 5-shot groups was enough to win both classes! A very accurate rifle in the hands of a good shooter makes for a winning combination - well done matey.

Wow! Congratulations Darrel! :)

Edit -PS: Darrel, any chance of some pics of your AW set-up for benchrest? (and: what trigger are you using on it? Standard?!)

Well done Darell, come on guys the 600 BR is really good fun.

No single calibre seems to dominate either, so every dog will have its day.

Darrell, I think you have also managed to break the Factory Sporter 4 x 5 shot group record as well matey :D

Cheers

Bruce

i have my membership sorted ,thanks vince-got a rifle sorted[chasing some 105 bergers for it]

just cant tie up the dates due to other commitments to get there trying for tommorow for a bit of practice but that looks doubtful now jan8th looks better-so fingers crossed.

after reading how much fun everyone is having i cant wait.

Thanks fella,s

I had a fantasic day to say the least,, then on wednesday i had an e-mail of Vince to say that i had broken, not one but three

UK records???

Small factory class group record

Small factory class aggregate

Small light gun class aggregate

:P :P

Matt I will try and load some pics????

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Just a couple of bits that we added,,,,

Darrel

may I ask how the classes are decided with regards factory rifles and custom rifles,as I thought this rifle that won was a custom jobby ???

good shooting by the way

There are three classes in 600 yd (and 1000 yd ) BR. Light Gun, for rifles weighing up to 17lbs incl. scope, Heavy Gun for rifles weighing over 17lbs (very few shoot this class in the UK) and Factory Sporter.

Factory Sporters are standard factory 'out of the box' rifles. Certain modifications can be made: Re-crowning, trigger replacement and modifications to the stock but the stock must basically be the factory item. Darrel has fitted front and rear 'bag-riders' which is permissible.

The Factory Sporter Class is a 'class within a class' - in other words, most Factory Sporters will also qualify for Light Gun Class by virtue of the fact that they weigh less than 17lbs. This is why Darrel also set a new Light Gun record as well as two Factory Sporter records.

Cheers

Vince

Vince

Thanks fella,s

I had a fantasic day to say the least,, then on wednesday i had an e-mail of Vince to say that i had broken, not one but three

UK records???

Small factory class group record

Small factory class aggregate

Small light gun class aggregate

:P :P

Matt I will try and load some pics????

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Just a couple of bits that we added,,,,

Darrel

hi darrel-great shooting and congratulations.a.t.b.richard.

You raise a concern that we (UKBRA) had to address many years ago - what exactly is a 'factory rifle'.

Just because a rifle is built in a factory doesn't make it a factory rifle - 'quantity' makes it a factory rifle - which is why your Nesika wouldn't be accepted as a factory rifle.

I think the rules say that at least a 1000 must be produced and the chamber must accept a standard factory round - no tight necks!

Of course, AI aren't the only manufacturer to out-source barrels and other components but, we aren't here to argue about that. The issue is that competitors should compete on that famous 'level playing field'.

AIs aren't in the same class as say Remingtons and Savages but the latter shoot amazingly well and a Remington and a Savage held two of the records that Darrel broke.

Cheers

Vince

AIs aren't in the same class as say Remingtons and Savages but the latter shoot amazingly well and a Remington and a Savage held two of the records that Darrel broke.

The amazing thing about the AIs is that they are military specification rifles and yet still shoot that well if really good handloads are worked up for them, and it's not just in 6.5X47L. Darrel used to regularly embarrass the rest of us with a 7.62mm AI (and I say 7.62 deliberately as it is a military ammo compatible chamber to suit any old ammo that a military user might have to use in extremis).

Darrel, I said 'Great Shoot!' at the time, but here it is again!

All i would like to say is that all of the comps at the diggle are run to the highest standard,, and i for one are glad that we have people like vince and the rest of the guys that take the time to run them,,,

and Laurie,s knoledge about reloading and ballistics is awesome to say the least,,,,

Everything is done on a level playing field believe you me,,,,,

What i would like to say to the chap that is not happy????, come and have a go,,,,

I can guarante that you would have a bloody good day out,,,

Just bring a rifle and join in,,,,,

Thanks again fella,s for all of your kind words,,,,

Darrel ;)

The whole idea of the Factory Class was to give shooters with 'standard' kit a class to shoot in rather than pitching a £500 factory rifle against a £3000 custom gun.

We don't turn anyone away no matter what you shoot. Please bring the Nesika and COME AND SHOOT!

Vince

thank you for the offer I may just come one day and see how its done and pick up some tips,I just still cant get my head around the factory class,if i turned up with a Sako 75 would I be shooting against the AW in the same class

If you think the rules of Benchrest are unfair, come and have a go at the Fun Shoots they have at Diggle, the Egg Shoot and the Fly shoot, up against any class of rifle, a Sako 75 can be competative.

Have a go! I have visited Diggle the grand total of twice, once to spectate a 600br comp and once to shoot the fly shoot(and got lucky :lol: ) The reception you will recieve if it is anything like mine will be warm, friendly and an absolute pleasure. The wealth of knoweledge is huge and all i've spoken to are happy to help and share their experience. Time and commitments aside I hope to be there again this year.

Darrel, congratulations and good shooting.

The AI series of rifle are just like any other factory rifle Pete.

Sloppy chambered to boot, God knows why they shoot,,,,,

Seriously, any factory rifle that will hold a decent group will be competative in the fun shoots and factory BR - it is, after all, down to the competance of the "driver"......

By the way,

Well Done Darrell :D :D :D

Archived