600 BR shoot Diggle 27th Dec

The Gun Pimp

the same as a factory rifle without the "C" if you to be silly

I think your keyboards faulty?? first you spell factory with out the "c" then you miss words out of your sentences?? :wub:

Come along and shoot the comps, you might enjoy it and possibly learn something from the guys up there.

I'll bring the dictionary :P

ATB

Hi guys,

This sounds like alot of fun, if i have time this year i may come and visit may have to persuade someone to come with me.....cough cough.....Ronin....cough. I will have to get into some practice mind would like to know some dates and prices for these things where can i find some info?

Happy hunting and paper mashing this year gents.

CZV

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems all my posts have been removed,why ????

anyway now Iam back after a 2 weeks bann for gods know what,heres a few more questions.

what does it cost

do you need to be a member

do you need any speical kit IE front rests ect

who can I speak to about the rules as it seems i cant ask on here for fear of getting banned

Hi

Next shoot is this Saturday (21st Jan)

Turn up for 9am

No you dont need to be a member of PSSA (Diggle) but it will cost you £15 for the range fee and £5 for the competition.

Course of fire is 4 x 5 shot groups + sighters at the start.

No you dont need any special kit, you can shoot off a rest or a bipod.

Rules are simple

Light Gun - max weight 17lbs (includes bipod if using one)

Heavy Gun - over 17lbs

Factory Sporter - Factory rifle, may be re crowned and trigger may be reworked (but not replaced), cannot be rebarreled. Stock can have a "bag rider" i.e. a plate fitted if using a rest

Hope this makes sense, will we be seeing you there this weekend?

Cheers

Bruce

Sec. UKBRA

Hi

Next shoot is this Saturday (21st Jan)

Turn up for 9am

No you dont need to be a member of PSSA (Diggle) but it will cost you £15 for the range fee and £5 for the competition.

Course of fire is 4 x 5 shot groups + sighters at the start.

No you dont need any special kit, you can shoot off a rest or a bipod.

Rules are simple

Light Gun - max weight 17lbs (includes bipod if using one)

Heavy Gun - over 17lbs

Factory Sporter - Factory rifle, may be re crowned and trigger may be reworked (but not replaced), cannot be rebarreled. Stock can have a "bag rider" i.e. a plate fitted if using a rest

Hope this makes sense, will we be seeing you there this weekend?

Cheers

Bruce

Sec. UKBRA

many thanks for your reply,a couple more questions

do you shoot off the floor or from a bench

you say "Factory Sporter - Factory rifle, may be re crowned and trigger may be reworked (but not replaced), cannot be rebarreled"

didnt the guy who won with the accuarcy international rifle which is a factory rifle have it rebarreled in 6.5x47 as AI dont make one in that caliber ???

as to saturday I will have to check if Iam loading or not on a game shoot,but Sundays are a better day if theres any on.

Accuracy International will do any cartridge you want - they have done several 6.5 x 47's

Hi

We shoot Benchrest, hence off a bench :-)

The 6.5 x 47 AI is a factory rifle as It is a Factory Barrel and a factory rifle....... I am not getting into that debate again.

I shoot a Savage 6.5 x 284 in Factory Class and could in theory use a Savage 6mmBR factory barrel and still be in Factory as it is a factory rifle and a factory barrel.

The target is a 4 inch Red circle on (if I recall correctly) a 18" square piece of paper.

ALL shots must be on the paper to count, any shot that isnt on the paper is counted as a Penalty.

Penalties are 1 inch per 100 yards, so at 600 yards a 4" group with 1 penalty would be 10"

We have all had penalties from one time to another when the wind switches.

Your group can be ANYWHERE on the paper, a small group in the corner is better than a big group in the centre.

Hope this makes sense.

Bruce

you say "Factory Sporter - Factory rifle, may be re crowned and trigger may be reworked (but not replaced), cannot be rebarreled"

didnt the guy who won with the accuarcy international rifle which is a factory rifle have it rebarreled in 6.5x47 as AI dont make one in that caliber ???

as to saturday I will have to check if Iam loading or not on a game shoot,but Sundays are a better day if theres any on.

This is a congratulatory post to Darrel for a superb achievement in his benchrest, not a debate or twenty questions on what's needed to enter benchrest, lets keep it that way?

Start a new post in the target shooting section about your requirements for benchrest please.

I and Dan534 on here both have factory AI's in 6.5x47 - it's definitely a option.

The link attached, shows under the "barrel" section that a 6.5x47 is available:- http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/rifle_offers.asp

And back on theme - well done Darrel :):):)

Kind Regards

Rob

Darrel,(Foxingtonight)

Someone came up to me at Media Day at the Shot Show and asked about your records shot with the AI - you're famous matey!

Cheers

Vince

Firstly thank you all for your kind words,,,

Vince, it was a day to remember thats for sure :D ,,,

Famous i dont know about that, but hey i stired a few feathers ;)

I think that Don Nielsons (usa) 600yrd record group was 1.7", but that was for ten shots :o :o ,

Yes we have some fine shots in the UK 600yrd comps,,but what i would like to say to any one thinking of having a go is just come along, You would not meet a nice bunch of lads any were,,,,

The 600yrd this week (21st jan),,, was shot in 25mph winds, and all that turned up enjoyed themselfs,,,

It was hard just to keep them on the target,,,,

Just waiting for the results to be posted on UKBRA????, should be interesting reading,,,

Darrel, P.s And yes G Clark of sporting sevices will supply a barrel in 6.5x47, i know as i have got the reciet for mine,,,,

COME AND HAVE A GO

Archived