Tikka Tac A1 in 6mmbr

Will Tikka,or indeed any other manufacturer of fine rifles,bring out a factory chambered 6mmbr,which has to be one of the finest chamberings ever? I would sell all my other rifles to get a TikTac in 6br. I’m still waiting for a shot out .308 or 6.5cm to come up for sale, but I don’t expect that will ever happen. 

I can’t be the only one wanting this.  

What would be the next best thing, at a reasonable price?

Blaser  do/did the LRS2 in 6mmbr Norma . You would have to check on barrel twist, if it suits the bullet weight  you want to use. Not sure if the updated Tac2 was offered in 6mmbr. Also it seems like Blaser off-loaded this rifle to Sig Sauer .....who may have ditched it too.....I can’t find it on either website now.

Tikka and sako as a rule only tend to do hunting calibre's , unless it’s really worth there while , and the UK does not fall into that category , that’s not to say they won’t do it in there custom shop , but unless you REALLY do have more money than sense .....walk away now 😂

A couple of well-reputed gunsmiths suggested the Norma Dasher brass wasn't all that to me, and that forming Lapua BR was still the preferred option. No idea what the truth of it is/how much of a trade off Norma brass is..if it is.

Had heard similar but think having the right reamer might help? You hear stories both ways.

I’d go with the Norma Dasher, worst case (no pun 😉) would be to set back and re-chamber, best case no fire forming and a long neck.

We’ll see?

Terry

The problem is the rim thickness Terry....it's all over the place, to the point, that half of it, won't go under an extractor.

It was not the "holy Grail" that it was trumpeted to be.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, Woodlander said:

Will Tikka,or indeed any other manufacturer of fine rifles,bring out a factory chambered 6mmbr,which has to be one of the finest chamberings ever? I would sell all my other rifles to get a TikTac in 6br. I’m still waiting for a shot out .308 or 6.5cm to come up for sale, but I don’t expect that will ever happen. 

I can’t be the only one wanting this.  

What would be the next best thing, at a reasonable price?

Rpa do a 6mm br as standard

23 hours ago, terryh said:

............ but if I was going to drop a new barrel onto and existing rifle i'd go Norma 6mm Dasher

In my experience I would go for the 6mmbr or if you need it with a bit more legs the BRX just saying love my BRX lol

Dave,

Knew the rims/web were different (requiring a unique shell holder) but not that they varied - I'll grab some brass off of Gary and have a look.

If any doubt then back to a standard BR as most my shooting is up to 600 these days.

T

I've run a few Dashers over the years including using Norma Dasher brass. I did use the Norma spec. reamer for the Norma brass bit after one firing I don't think it'd make a difference - it's just that three reamers are offered to suit whatever Berger bullet you wish to use.

Yes, the rim is different (you need the shell-holder) and apparently some rifles do have an extraction issue.  My Dashers are built on a BAT and a Stiller action and both extract fine.

Using the Norma brass does save an awful lot of messing with fire-forming (not to mention bullets, powder and barrel-life) and performance-wise, I've seen no difference.  The rifles are used at 600 and 1000 yard benchrest competition.

If you want a Norma case to try I'm happy to send you one so you can see if it extracts OK - PM me on targetshooteronline@icloud.com

Cheers Vince for offer.

I'd be getting and action and brass (and shell holders!) via Gary so would assume they'd either work or end up working.

As you say, not having to FF etc. has significant attraction for me.

Current bullet of choice would be the Berger 105 hybrid and I'm looking a 4166 as a starting point re powder - but up for advice? CCI 450's I believe are also a favourite - which helps as I use them in my 47 

Apologies to OP for high jacking the thread a bit?

T