Gary of MARCH scopes contact details

sauer

Greg,

Is the ‘snipe’ really necessary?

Catch-22,

Do you have some facts to justify your comment? Had a bad dealing with Gary or have a friend who has ( that  would naturally have been taken up with them 1st with no result before making a public  statement that they are crap ).

Have known Gary thru PBS for over 20 years with no issue in service or attitude towards customers. Have also dealt with him since he started the RFD side of things - same attitude and service 

But if you revel in schadenfreude have at it I suppose 🙄

Terry

1 hour ago, terryh said:

Greg,

Catch-22,

Do you have some facts to justify your comment? Had a bad dealing with Gary or have a friend who has ( that  would naturally have been taken up with them 1st with no result before making a public  statement that they are crap ).

Have known Gary thru PBS for over 20 years with no issue in service or attitude towards customers. Have also dealt with him since he started the RFD side of things - same attitude and service 

Terry

A bit difficult to accuse someone of something after the fact, especially as this thread like many others has been scythed to pieces, which one of you Mods has the Cutlass this afternoon?

Anyone clicking on this will now think WTF is Terry on about

You all need to go back to Moderator school

1 hour ago, bradders said:

A bit difficult to accuse someone of something after the fact, especially as this thread like many others has been scythed to pieces, which one of you Mods has the Cutlass this afternoon?

Anyone clicking on this will now think WTF is Terry on about

You all need to go back to Moderator school

I did.

The question was answered and then a couple of users decided to have a little dig at the company in question, so I binned it.

Terry , whilst finding the name ' precision ' slightly amusing now that Pete Walker is now longer part of the company my comment had no bad lanuage or any reason for anyone to remove it from the forum thread . My comment was only my opinion but in the same way as if you took Callum out of Precision Rifle Services then I would see that in the same way .

My understanding was that the forum was for people to share thoughts and experiences ..... Good & Bad ..... & without going too far which I don't feel Catch-22 did .

I'm sure that if this had been any other unknown gunshop and not Involving Gary or any criticism of March scopes that it would have drew no attention at all .

I saw the funny side of what I wrote as I'm sure others did however I am aware that some won't have ........ It's opinions that's all . I have a strong association with Steelcore Rifles and bradders made a comment which he and others found funny ..... I didn't kick off about it and I don't remember you guy's removing it and nor should you have !

We need Humour on the forum as we do in life even when it's close to home

It's opinions that's all with no obuse .

Just my thoughts

Greg

7 hours ago, terryh said:

Greg,

Catch-22,

Terry

I have as it happens Terry. Bad experiences with both the person in question and his sidekick. 

I won't go into detail here but I've been mugged off for well over a year. Needless to say that it is by the grace of God I eventually had Pete Walker help me out.

I understand there is a fine line one treads when speaking publically. But if no one in the community speaks out about the bad apples out there, then many countless unsuspecting people will simply walk unknowingly into what could be a very bad situation. 

I would say it's my duty, as a member of both this forum and wider shooting community, to advise others not to have the same problems I had. 

If you saw someone about to walk blindly off a cliff edge, wouldn't you want to stop them?

I’ve been mullling this over and trying to think of a response, for what that’s worth I don’t know

I’ve had several dealings with Gary and his company and they have all been exemplarary, from exporting to Australia and Norway, to purchasing scopes and other stuff from him and also dealing with a couple of March warranty issues.

I occasionally run across him at Bisley and he is civil and polite and good to deal with, a nice guy

I know very little about his partnership with the other two guys and in fact have never had any dealings with either of them so can’t possibly comment

I did hear that maybe Gary hasn’t been too well of late, I can’t verify that and nor would I, but it may have some bearing on this topic, might just be a rumour though.....just good for thought!

What I’m leading up to is the fact that the internet and forums can be very wicked and harsh, and rumours whether proven or not can destroy reputations and livelihoods and everything that goes with that.

Everyone has good and bad days and no one is perfect, imagine if dealers etc started naming customers other dealers shouldn’t have anything to do with, mayhem would ensue, “how dare he say that about his customers!”....but they are out there

Likewise, we all hear stories about other dealers who offer shoddy service, overprice, give crap after sales service, but for the most part you bite your lip, maybe have a quiet word off-line with interested parties and it is a case of caveat emptor

i certainly know of a couple of people in this game I’d never deal with, and I’m sure most are the same, but I wouldn’t post it publicly

I don’t know where you draw the line, but people can be damaged by some faceless unknown internetter suggesting they’ve had less than satisfactory service, rumour and devilment becomes fact carved into stone, and that’s bad news

That’s all folks

Thank you Mark, balanced response

Catch-22, as with most things there are probably two sides to each 'event', as I do not know the full story, as yet, will refrain from comment. Being you use a internet name, a opposed to your own (in general why do people do that?), it would be hard to respond.

The 'cliff' analogy is a bit weak though.

Greg, 

Point taken, trouble with 'humour' in the internet is is seldom works (unless visual or literally a written joke)

Think we will leave it there for the moment.

T

2 hours ago, terryh said:

Thank you Mark, balanced response

Catch-22, as with most things there are probably two sides to each 'event', as I do not know the full story, as yet, will refrain from comment. Being you use a internet name, a opposed to your own (in general why do people do that?), it would be hard to respond.

The 'cliff' analogy is a bit weak though.

Greg, 

Point taken, trouble with 'humour' in the internet is is seldom works (unless visual or literally a written joke)

Think we will leave it there for the moment.

T

Humour does work on the internet, I’m always funny, the trouble is most of you just can’t see it

see? I’m being funny again haha

4 hours ago, bradders said:

I’ve been mullling this over and trying to think of a response, for what that’s worth I don’t know

I’ve had several dealings with Gary and his company and they have all been exemplarary, from exporting to Australia and Norway, to purchasing scopes and other stuff from him and also dealing with a couple of March warranty issues.

I occasionally run across him at Bisley and he is civil and polite and good to deal with, a nice guy

I know very little about his partnership with the other two guys and in fact have never had any dealings with either of them so can’t possibly comment

I did hear that maybe Gary hasn’t been too well of late, I can’t verify that and nor would I, but it may have some bearing on this topic, might just be a rumour though.....just good for thought!

What I’m leading up to is the fact that the internet and forums can be very wicked and harsh, and rumours whether proven or not can destroy reputations and livelihoods and everything that goes with that.

Everyone has good and bad days and no one is perfect, imagine if dealers etc started naming customers other dealers shouldn’t have anything to do with, mayhem would ensue, “how dare he say that about his customers!”....but they are out there

Likewise, we all hear stories about other dealers who offer shoddy service, overprice, give crap after sales service, but for the most part you bite your lip, maybe have a quiet word off-line with interested parties and it is a case of caveat emptor

i certainly know of a couple of people in this game I’d never deal with, and I’m sure most are the same, but I wouldn’t post it publicly

I don’t know where you draw the line, but people can be damaged by some faceless unknown internetter suggesting they’ve had less than satisfactory service, rumour and devilment becomes fact carved into stone, and that’s bad news

That’s all folks

Wise words indeed.

As I was the one who binned the two comments, I will explain. 

Over the yearsI have heard bad comments about every gunsmith/rifle builder that's out there, whether that be high prices, very poor communications or bad workmanship etc. That doesn't mean it did or did not happen

Now why did I pick up this particular topic? Because it had the name March in the title. Just the same as I read most threads about F class, foxing  or reloading as these are my general interests. I don't read many threads about black rifles, survival skills, knife making, baking cakes, golf etc as it doesn't  naturally draw my attention.

I did see the humour in OSOK's post, I even had a little chuckle, however in my opinion it could be construed as a snipe hidden behind humour, it was quickly followed by another "snipe"  and I could see the thread was only going to go one way, and that's why I binned it.

Elwood , Thank you for clearing that up as without your comments it may well have been construed that ' A Company / Person had two trigger happy ( sorry about the pun ) Mod's ready to remove any comments that wern't glowing with praise about anything associated .

This clearly Isn't the case however with both of you working on the March stand at shows from time to time lesser people may have drawn that conclusion .

Please keep you eye on that guy bradder's ...... He called me a ' Walt '    That's a Snipe  😂

Elwood , Thank you for clearing that up as without your comments it may well have been construed that ' A Company / Person had two trigger happy ( sorry about the pun ) Mod's ready to remove any comments that wern't glowing with praise about anything associated .

This clearly Isn't the case however with both of you working on the March stand at shows from time to time lesser people may have drawn that conclusion .

Please keep you eye on that guy bradder's ...... He called me a ' Walt '    That's a Snipe  😂

9 minutes ago, OSOK said:

So you're the "Camo Guy" then?

You should come to CSR....they all think we dress like that

No , That was some young guy from the Green lot that was related and availible for their video .... I'm much older but a lot better looking ..... Ask anyone  !

I know I'm old but I don't press the ' submit reply ' twice but it keeps happening from the desktop but not the mobile ..... Maybe someone is trying to make me appear silly ?

I don't have much camo but I can get some if it's essential for CSR  😂

39 minutes ago, OSOK said:

Just to be clear Greg, I worked or helped out on the March stand just the one time, about 6 years ago.

I probably would have just had a wry smile at your post and moved on if it hadn't  been for Catch 22's post afterwards.

anyway it looks like we're all sorted here so let's wait for the next tea cup to turn up looking for a storm.

I cannot help but remember the very first shooting forum I joined - AR15.com way back when it had a "UK hometown" sub forum. I was asked what rifle I was using and when I said I had a Southern Gun Company rifle ( rifles actually - I had a .22 and a .223 ) I was met with a barrage of people slagging off Bob, Bobs rifles, Bobs character, Bobs customer service, Bobs ability to stick to a delivery date, Bobs health issue / weight issue etc etc etc etc. It got very malicious from certain quarters ! 

I tried to smooth things over by saying I had only made two purchases, both of which took one week from order to collection in person. And that I spoke as I found. And that the one customer service repair was dealt with in a matter of days. Yet the "banter" continued.

So, it would appear that not all RFDs are granted the courtesy of not having their reputation and business damaged online !

5 hours ago, Breacher said:

I cannot help but remember the very first shooting forum I joined - AR15.com way back when it had a "UK hometown" sub forum. I was asked what rifle I was using and when I said I had a Southern Gun Company rifle ( rifles actually - I had a .22 and a .223 ) I was met with a barrage of people slagging off Bob, Bobs rifles, Bobs character, Bobs customer service, Bobs ability to stick to a delivery date, Bobs health issue / weight issue etc etc etc etc. It got very malicious from certain quarters ! 

I tried to smooth things over by saying I had only made two purchases, both of which took one week from order to collection in person. And that I spoke as I found. And that the one customer service repair was dealt with in a matter of days. Yet the "banter" continued.

So, it would appear that not all RFDs are granted the courtesy of not having their reputation and business damaged online !

I think Bob thrives on his err lets say not perfect reputation :)

Greg,

I did not do any cutting also said I was a friend  of Gary’s to be absolutely transparent ( and regardless of the various spats and ‘handbags’ try to remain friends with all parties, life’s too short)

But I would do the same for any Smith or vendor  if a similar set of posts were seen.

As pointed out in, it is easy to rubbish a company so Elwood’s trimming of the sequential  posts was justified IMHO. Think it would prove interesting if shops and Gunsmiths placed posts on unreasonable customers - now that would be an interesting set of exchanges 😉

T

Archived