2023 Bisley range fees

Hi All & a belated HNY to All....

I have just booked 1000yds at Stickledown for the morning only with electronic targets in late March & was staggered to find that the fee is now £91.50!!!! The 2022 price was £76.50, an increase of about 20%......unbelievable in this day & age. How does the NRA think that this is going to encourage people into our sport, especially much need youngsters? What with the cost of ammo, whether it's factory or components for reloading going through the roof, it's no wonder that existing shooters are giving up in their droves, is no-one at the NRA thinking this through?

Beyond belief......

If you are booking for one person, then Electronics for a whole morning is expensive. You'll also get through a shed load of ammo in a morning. If you are sharing the lane, then it's really good value and everyone gets loads of shooting done, if they want to.

Three or four of us regularly book electronics for a morning to do CSR practices. We each get through 200+ rounds and still have plenty of time chatting.

Then it costs us £20-£25 each. Which, quite frankly, is a bargain.

Bisley has expenses and, in the current cost of living situation, the running costs must have hiked considerably.

Add to this that, on many days, the ranges are all but deserted, they have to make the money somehow. Are you booked between now and March, or is that you first visit of 2023? If more people used it more often they may be able to keep prices level, but there are many who use it infrequently and want it cheap. Can't have both. (Not saying that's you)

I use Bisley twice a month on average, or I used to, there are only 2 of us so that does make it expensive. However a 20% hike in range fees is too much imo, even taking into account all the factors mentioned, way too much…..

I also shoot at Bisley with my club at least 4-5 times a year so this hike in prices will affect me quite considerably, try to be a tad less patronising next time mate.

11 minutes ago, DeLaRue said:

I use Bisley twice a month on average, or I used to, there are only 2 of us so that does make it expensive. However a 20% hike in range fees is too much imo, even taking into account all the factors mentioned, way too much…..

when was the last increase?  Without that information it's difficult to assess given the rate of inflation.

2 hours ago, DeLaRue said:

However a 20% hike in range fees is too much imo, even taking into account all the factors mentioned, way too much…..

Another factor to consider is that all of the electronics on Stickledown were upgraded in the autumn which must have cost quite a bit in lost bookings, not to mention the cost of the contractor.

Try to think of it as £15, or lunch for two in the Clays Cafe rather than 20%. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I booked one lane on Century last weekend for an hour and it cost me £21, I think. I got through 97 rounds so the cost of the range was not the problem 😳

I normally use Stickledown, but SWMBO was with me and hates guns with a passion, so time was very limited, precluding the extra time for HME testing. Is Stickledown more expensive? - I thought that the price seemed to be about what I last paid for 1000yards per lane. 🧐

I shot Electronics for an hour at 1000 yards on Thursday 9:30 to 10:30 for £19.50. 

No one on before me or after me so a full hour was enjoyed, ( infact I was the only person shooting on Stix at that time)

Three of us for two hours on Century at 300yds last Weds......a cracking morning (see pic...) for £13 apiece, and two of us got through 40 rounds each.

We do 5-shots a go, which makes it a bit easier on the barrels, too.

Pete

Best yet 180123 load data.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 5:58 PM, Roy W said:

If you are booking for one person, then Electronics for a whole morning is expensive. You'll also get through a shed load of ammo in a morning. If you are sharing the lane, then it's really good value and everyone gets loads of shooting done, if they want to.

Three or four of us regularly book electronics for a morning to do CSR practices. We each get through 200+ rounds and still have plenty of time chatting.

Then it costs us £20-£25 each. Which, quite frankly, is a bargain.

Bisley has expenses and, in the current cost of living situation, the running costs must have hiked considerably.

Add to this that, on many days, the ranges are all but deserted, they have to make the money somehow. Are you booked between now and March, or is that you first visit of 2023? If more people used it more often they may be able to keep prices level, but there are many who use it infrequently and want it cheap. Can't have both. (Not saying that's you)

How many lanes do you get for the total price? Ive only ever been to Bisley once to shoot GRSB but am getting my .223 soon and would love to have a club trip down there for us to shoot our larger calibers 

18 minutes ago, Stortford said:

How many lanes do you get for the total price? Ive only ever been to Bisley once to shoot GRSB but am getting my .223 soon and would love to have a club trip down there for us to shoot our larger calibers 

You book as many lanes as you want, price is per lane

8 minutes ago, Roy W said:

You book as many lanes as you want, price is per lane

Oh Right gotcha, can you share a lane with multiple people then? I assume thats how you can cut the price down to £30 a head or however much it would be 

I just wish I could find a range within reasonable distance from me!. Try finding a club/range with lanes over 600 yards that has electric targets in the South Worcestershire area that doesn't cost over £100 in return fuel costs. I don't drive a sports car. In fact it's supposed to be a so called "Hybrid"....

In fact try finding any range that has facilities for disabled target shooters.......