Eley subs going crack

Richiew

I’m still consuming rounds I bought a fair while ago.

Is this first round pop or genuinely supersonic?    

Warmer nights should be helping with the speed of sound being higher ?   (Correct me if I’ve got it the wrong way round, I’ve had a couple of gins 😂)

Get a few over a chrono and let us know what you are seeing. 

Tony

The shots had random fliers , left and right . Also they sometimes shot high by half a mil at 70 yards . Used RWS ages back and they were great so time to change I think. Winchester s didn’t feed very well from my anschutz magazine as they’re very blunt fronted same with eley tenex. Ta for the replies.

good evening, if you can get hold of some of the norma 22 subs <they are actually rws subs> i found them to be excellent, bought 2000 last year £3 a box of 50 tried to get some this week and now £6.50 a box ! but they work .

Thanks for the info. Also like the cci as they come in handy 100 rounds box . Kept the boxes and load them up with new ammo . German engineering wins again eh . Remember the rws had a different type of lube on them too . Think this is the way forward when I run out . 
eley were 38 grain when quoted on box 40 . Now they’re less again than the box quote of 38 grain. 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, TC said:

I’m still consuming rounds I bought a fair while ago.

Is this first round pop or genuinely supersonic?    

Warmer nights should be helping with the speed of sound being higher ?   (Correct me if I’ve got it the wrong way round, I’ve had a couple of gins 😂)

Get a few over a chrono and let us know what you are seeing. 

Tony

Enjoy the gin . 
some go crack others normal . All from the same box . Rabbits must have thought it’s their lucky day. Shot 60 rounds and had 15-20 misses. Had to start shooting soil  to spot how much I was out by . 
barrel is good and moderator is clean inside so no bits of crap rattling around inside. I’ve had this problem for a while so I’ll have to use up a couple hundred rounds first then replace with the rws . Sounds like a plan 

13 minutes ago, stephentri said:

Just got some cci sub sonic they go crack in my rifle, 

Bummmm .

Seen an article in sporting rifle on subs and eley came out top - no surprise?? . Rws second . I’ll try to find it as it might mention the speeds . 

1 hour ago, Richiew said:

Bummmm .

Seen an article in sporting rifle on subs and eley came out top - no surprise?? . Rws second . I’ll try to find it as it might mention the speeds . 

That was a few years ago with the old green box eley subs. 

They were great but the new ones are terrible 

I did use Remington Subs a long time ago. But I found that every now and then there will be a high velocity round amongst the subs. Maybe 5 or 6 out of every 50 round box. If I'm plinking, I use the Remington's. I'll have the subs in well under an inch at a 50 yard zero. Then I hear a loud crack and always found that shot to be on target horizontally, but consistently an inch higher. But they were very cheap at the time, and thankfully I only bought 200. My preferred round is the black box 42 grain hollow point Winchester Subs. I've never had a "crack" with one of those and they're very accurate in my CZ 452. They seem to hit hard, and have a deep hollow point which drops your prey instantly If I do my bit. The box says 1065 fps, but I've never put one through my Chronograph. Not cheap, but in my opinion nothing ever is at Bromsgrove Shooting Supplies....

Cheers lads for the info. I’ll have a look back through the diaries and see if I wrote anything about the ammo I tried years back . RWS subs seem to be the way forward or SK maybe . Cheers