S&B 223 WARNING

Dellboy

Just had a call from one of our club members to say Bisley are recalling 223 S&B ammunition recently purchased something to do with case seperation ..... will know more (maybe) tomorrow as im there .

There are no News alerts or Safety Notices posted on the NRA or NSC website, nor is there any info on the S&B website.

I find it unlikely that individual club members have been told, with no public announcement. Hardly an effective way to carry out a product recall.

What was his source?

2 hours ago, Roy W said:

There are no News alerts or Safety Notices posted on the NRA or NSC website, nor is there any info on the S&B website.

I find it unlikely that individual club members have been told, with no public announcement. Hardly an effective way to carry out a product recall.

What was his source?

Club Secetary had a call during the week as some had been bought on a club ticket  and i watched one guy hand in around 200 a was refunded . They would have the contact details for any purchaser wouldnt they ?  Only trying to save someone some aggro but .....

A customer of mine, destroyed a brand new barrel, using S and B in creedmoor.

The cases split at the web, and gas cut the chamber.

I have the remainder of the ammo [ no, I did not sell that stuff to him ] and its going to the proof house.

every box of ammo carries a massive disclaimer , you use at your own risk .

which to be fair is right as they have no knowledge of the condition of your rifle . if the ammo was made to spec . its the rifle manufacturer you should be speaking to , 

S&B will just file your complaint in the correct bin .

17 hours ago, One on top of two said:

every box of ammo carries a massive disclaimer , you use at your own risk .

which to be fair is right as they have no knowledge of the condition of your rifle . if the ammo was made to spec . its the rifle manufacturer you should be speaking to , 

S&B will just file your complaint in the correct bin .

theres the question