Arca swiss to picatinny adaptor

Hi all,

Following the 'Send it Shoot', while going through some reflections with another shooter, we both came to the conclusion that adding an Arca rail to my rifle would allow better versatility and that being able to interface my bipod with that rail so as to have quick adjustability of distance between rear support and bipod would be advantageous in stages such as shooting off tyres etc. A normal bipod mounted at usual length would be too far away from the rear support and would prohibit having the crucial two points of contact in this scenario. 

Hence I feel the need to use a bipod which will attach to Arca. I know that the MDT CYKE pod is the obvious choice, however I currently have a top-mounted Fortmeier which I love using, hence I don't really want to change!

It is no issue with the set screw tightened to use it as an underslung bipod attached to a Picatinny rail, hence if I was to source an Arca swiss attachment with a Picatinny rail underslung it would allow the quick adjustment I desire without too much change to my kit.

The only issue I am finding is sourcing one, I can only find one which is made by MPA and I cannot find anyone in the UK who stocks these. Does anyone know of any UK makers who do these or anyone in the UK who stocks them?

I have attached a picture so people can see the sort I am meaning.

Many thanks,

Ben 

MPA-RAT-Pic-Rail.jpg

The RAT is a great bit of kit 👍

Alternatively you could look at RRS ARCA to Picatinny QD mount. I use these on the bottom of an ARCA rail to connect my Tier One EvO Tac pod.

RRS QD ARCA mount:
https://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/SC-LR

RRS picatinny rail to ARCA QD mount:

https://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/CA-R-50

https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-clamp/
https://www.area419.com/product/picatinny-1913-rail-for-arcalock-clamps/

Can't fault A419s service, always ship stuff quickly - last bits I had I ordered 30th March - they were delivered 2nd April!

You may want to hang fire on the purchase 

I’ve one coming from Ulfhednar (Norway) 

Should be here this week so your welcome to examine when it arrives

My pal who shoots PRL is making this very thing, along with a lot more related stuff, PM for his number.

Its also made in the UK.

I made one only friday, to fit an Atlas super cal to my ARCA.

ShWjw62.jpg

On 8/3/2020 at 5:42 AM, baldie said:

My pal who shoots PRL is making this very thing, along with a lot more related stuff, PM for his number.

Its also made in the UK.

ShWjw62.jpg

Hi Dave,

Looks good, will PM you now!

Cheers,

Ben

On 8/3/2020 at 5:42 AM, baldie said:

Its also made in the UK.

ShWjw62.jpg

Which brand of Arca rail is that Dave? I have been looking for one which will fit the AI Keyslot mounts.

1 minute ago, John MH said:

Eh? How do the 'teeth' make it more rigid?

If you use the Area419 ARCA clamp, there is a section of the clamp that fits within the ‘toothed’ slots when you clamp down. So it still slides, ARCA as normal when loosened. When tightened, the ‘teeth’ engage, a bit like mini picatinny.

The Area419 ARCA rail can be used with other ARCA mounts, thy just won’t engage the ‘teeth’ of the rail ‘tis all.

10 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

If you use the Area419 ARCA clamp, there is a section of the clamp that fits within the ‘toothed’ slots when you clamp down. So it still slides, ARCA as normal when loosened. When tightened, the ‘teeth’ engage, a bit like mini picatinny.

The Area419 ARCA rail can be used with other ARCA mounts, thy just won’t engage the ‘teeth’ of the rail ‘tis all.

But how does it provide "extra rigidity" over a non-toothed rail?  The Arca clamp does not slide up and down the rail (as long as its an Area 419 clamp with pins fitted) but the teeth don't make it more rigid.

That’s what I meant. Prevents clamp from sliding. To me that’s extra rigidity in the setup because when you slam your barricade stop against an obstacle, the stop/forend doesn’t then move about. 
Deepest, most sincere apologies if ‘rigid’ wasn’t the word you were looking for! Would ‘less slidey’ have been better?

2 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

That looks like an Area419 ARCA rail that’s been cerakoted. 
It is ‘toothed’ to provide extra rigidity and stop the ARCA mount sliding back and forth too easily.

https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-univ14/

Thank you, that has to be it. But is it their Universal rail or their Keymod rail? Perhaps Dave will comment. One hears mixed stories about the compatibility between Keymod and Keyslot.

The other alternative for an AI would be the Victor Company HR1 handguard, but that does look like a pricey option. 

10 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Thank you, that has to be it. But is it their Universal rail or their Keymod rail? Perhaps Dave will comment. One hears mixed stories about the compatibility between Keymod and Keyslot.

The other alternative for an AI would be the Victor Company HR1 handguard, but that does look like a pricey option. 

I’m sorry, I don’t know. I don’t own an AIAX, so can’t say if the forend is Keymod like the sides are or not.

Best you ask Baldie for what he thinks works best. 👍

44 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

I’m sorry, I don’t know. I don’t own an AIAX, so can’t say if the forend is Keymod like the sides are or not.

Best you ask Baldie for what he thinks works best. 👍

Do you own an Area 419 Arcalock rail?

Yes, the one on my rifle is an Area 419 model, i modified to fit, and painted.

I now have access to some british made rails, for the AXMC, the tikka tac, and the AT .

Pics later.

• 6 months later...