VV N160 - compressed loads in 6.5CM

MichalS

I started experimenting with N160 in 6.5CM

The book max for 139 Scenar is 42.1gr at 2.717" COAL. I got a bit surprised when I heard a cracking noise of compressing powder as the data don't indicate it should be compressed... What's even more interesting is that Scenar 136L data go up to 46.0gr...

Anyone have experience with compressed loads of N160?

TIA,

Michal

How long are You seating them? I'm shooting semi auto, so COAL limited to 2.80"... What speeds are You getting? I'm using lower capacity brass (S&B, similar weight to Lapua). All data on VV site are for Lapua brass and short COALs, thats why I'm so intrigued by the 46gr load they published.

Michal

Results are in. Range temperature was 32°C. Velocity is fine, SD's are fine but the groups leave a lot to be desired. Tgere was a bit if wind, so I'll bkame it on that and retest the most promising ones... Best group (below) was 0.73 MOA with perfect vertical. Flattend primers at 42.0gr, primer cratering at 42.8gr.

Michal

20190827_154623-567x1008.jpg

20190827_194311-561x548.jpg

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

RS 62 = better results , more FPS , no need to compress loads , Cooler too .... oh and no need to use the girlfriends/ wife’s / boyfriends dildo either 

42 grains RS 62 = 2820 FPS with 24 “ barrel. 
no pressure signs at all . 

say after me ... Viht is 5hit . 

With which bullet?

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

RS 62 = better results , more FPS , no need to compress loads , Cooler too .... oh and no need to use the girlfriends/ wife’s / boyfriends dildo either 

42 grains RS 62 = 2820 FPS with 24 “ barrel. 
no pressure signs at all . 

say after me ... Viht is 5hit . 

I use it exclusively now in the 17hh and 260. Still have a load of viht to use in the 243 & 308. Once done I'll use Reload Swiss going forward for them too.