Had a stroke last week..............

Guest martin

Hi all,I've not been on for a bit,cos I had a stroke last week,I can tell you don't take things for granted,and,look after yourself.I thought I was fine,and,then 2 mins later....BANG! everything goes tits up,it could of been a lot worse though,but,I have been left with a lot of disrupted eyesight.I don't have a lot of peripheral vision on my left side at all,and,it is taking a long time to type this,cos I can only see half of the screen.Along with the eyesight I got this banging headache as well,and,the doctor has stopped me from driving,and,to be honest,I don't know if I will be able to drive long term either until I have a test later this year.I also have to have an 'Echo' heart test to see if I have a small hole in my heart,apparently 25% of the population have this hole and it is very small,but,can be sealed up with keyhole surgwery.In one way it will be good if I do have the hole and it can be operated on,then hopefully it will be the end of it???Things are on hold for me this season now,but,I do hope to get out for a bit of this and that as soon as possible,but,I do get vwery tired very quickly and have to have a rest every so often.

Well as I said,please look after yourself,cos,you just never know what is around the corner.............................................Martin.

Martin,

Sorry to hear about your stroke, the nicest people seem to get the cruelest of cards dealt to them. All the best and i hope you make a full recovery.

Jay.

Yeah wish you well Martin youll be fine I,m sure take it a little easier.If any of you guys out there are gettin on a bit and dont go to the docs occasionally then have a check up there are a lot of silent killers about in your system,particularly blood pressure and left unchecked ends up in a stroke at some time or another.I lost my younger brother this way only 40 years old,he had headaches for a long time and unchecked!!!!Do it now!!!Onehole.

What a terrible thing to happen, it must be dreadfull for you.

You are certainly right about looking after yourself and to a degree living for today though.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

A

thanks everyome for your best wishes,I am trying to rest and stay positive.I did take the dogs out for a very short walk this morning,but it left me very tired so I just have to gear it all down a bit,but it is hard,I just want toget out with the rifle and get back in the truck for a drive,I won't be posting much for a while but I will be reading your posts to keep me amused so please get out there and dorop something..............martin

I hope all will improve for you, Martin.

My rough shooting buddy had a mini heart attack in the summer.

Then they screwed up some test and he only had 10% kidney function left.

To weak for any by- pass operation he thought he'd never be able to go out

for a shot again. Since then his kidneys are at 20% and I've taken him out twice.

He even got a pheasant last week and missed a woodcock today.

Bit by bit he is getting stronger, today we walked about 3 hours. He is some happy camper again.

edi

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery. A friend of mine suffered a stroke early this year and consequently had to stop driving and shooting, he's on the mend now though, got his licence back and is coming out beating. You'll be doing the same I'm sure, all the best, Gareth.

Archived