NRA Council Ballot

TSG

To be honest, I couldn't see anyone who seemed to represent anything outside TR so I'll abstain.

While that is true, it's also good to block vote against the old guard as new blood and ideas are needed and welcome....or it will always be the same old same old

Therefore I'm voting for

Crispo

Brazzers

The German Bird

Hobbo Hobson

Hobbo wants to see steel reactive targets on Stickledown

Crispo and Brazzers are new blood

The German Bird has a nice smile

Calvert hates muzzle brakes and wants them banned

Bloomfield needs to move on, he's been around too long and was only recently chairman of the trustees

Morgan is too close to the target shotgun rep (who is also chair of the trustees)

Stewart looks like a nutter with no social skills

While that is true, it's also good to block vote against the old guard as new blood and ideas are needed and welcome....or it will always be the same old same old

Therefore I'm voting for

Crispo

Brazzers

The German Bird

Hobbo Hobson

Bloomfield needs to move on, he's been around too long and was only recently chairman of the trustees

Morgan is too close to the target shotgun rep (who is also chair of the trustees)

+1

no, wait....+100

Therefore I'm voting for

Crispo

Brazzers

The German Bird

Hobbo Hobson

I'm not sure why you feel the need to make personal remarks regarding Tim Stewart. He is exactly the sort of person a committee needs. He is the sort of person who is prepared to give up their precious free time to help others and for the future of the NRA, not just as some sort of ego trip.

Interesting post. I have sent in m votes for the following:

1- Nick Brasier- He is an accomplished shooter , has represented GB and has shot TR, MR and service small arms. He has also been in a leadership position being Chairman of a club. He would bring to the Committee perspective of shooters .

2- Tim Stewart- Another shooter with major accomplishments in shooting sports. He is winner of a major world level competition and has also been associated with team GB as its wind coach. He is also F class captain at the NRLC which tells me that he has strong people skills, good communication, good managerial skills. He also has experience in dealing with 'legal and regulatory issues' and hence seems to be a well rounded / well suited individual to have on the committee. Being an accomplished shooter, i reckon he also knows first hand problems faced by shooters. Being the youngest gentleman , he represents new blood.

3- John Bloomfield - His priorities for the NRA for the future being offering value for money services to members and supporting shooting THROUGHOUT the country as well as upgrading facilities sold me. He is another accomplished champion and people's person like Tim Stewart above. Being an expert witness on Firearms and Ballistics shows me that he has a vast knowledge about our sport and firearms.

4- Barry Morgan - He brings with him a working knowledge of handling finances for a shooting club. He also supports a wide variety of shooting disciplines such as GR, Sporting Rifle, F class etc. He is also in a position to devote a lot of his time to the NRA.

Of course the other gentlemen and the lady are good too but we have only 5 votes to cast.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to make personal remarks regarding Tim Stewart. He is exactly the sort of person a committee needs. He is the sort of person who is prepared to give up their precious free time to help others and for the future of the NRA, not just as some sort of ego trip.

I second Paddy's comments regarding Tim Stewart. He is exactly the sort of person that is needed on the committee.

I don't know Tim Stewart in the same way I don't know any of the others and am basing my views on the CVs that came through the post.

All my opinions are mostly focused on the mugshots, as referred to in the OP, but hey ho....once again the lack of humour here is noticeable :-)

He may be a decent bloke, but he still looks like Bob Hoskins twin in The Long Good Friday

Try implying humour then, it may help people understand your directing rather than assuming that we all know you are joking. Would stop us assuming you are just another keyboard warrior. The mug shot could have been better.

Try implying humour then, it may help people understand your directing rather than assuming that we all know you are joking. Would stop us assuming you are just another keyboard warrior. The mug shot could have been better.

So me saying you should vote for "The German Bird" because she has a nice smile, and for no other reason is serious and acceptable voting guidance and direction???

I'm not the party whip you know

Are you an NRA member?

If so, post your NRA membership number

In fact, all that have participated in this thread, post proof of your NRA membership

My membership number for reference is 5564, what's yours?

Which raises another interesting point..............how many full NRA members are on here?

Me for one........(a "lifer" no less.) And I don't shoot TR..................(not centre fire, anyway)

RePete

Tis I the Tim Stewart as per the mugshot.

i was travelling abroad for work and the passport photo was all had with me to complete the form.

So feel free to insult or make derogatory comments under the label of "humour"..that says more about you than me.

I am simply trying to add value to the NRA

.... as our shooting sports are being attacked from all sides...and we can do better if we have our own house in order and our total membership across all discplines actively engaged

...and we can do better if we have our own house in order and our total membership across all discplines actively engaged

And your stance on practical rifle, CSR and McQueen is supportive......?

Or is your only concern F-Class??

And before I'm asked NRA No.8224 :)

For a start I am standing for General Council.. .not a specific discipline.

Secondly every discipline needs support and encouragement. For example CSR and FCLASS have enjoyed growth.. but EACH has appeal and members we need to nurture.

We have a world class facility at Bisley that most do not realise how unique and valuable it is.

That said - regional support and development - is key because simply we cannot ignore that a massive swathe of members are in the regions.

If our views are worth a penny, oomans, we'd suggest Tim is well worth supporting. He shoots rather well but is also very keen to develop the sport and goes out of his way to do so. The Badgerkadamy sponsored a MSc student a short while ago to look at the metallurgical aspects of case annealing and neck tension from a scientific viewpoint. Tim gave very freely of his time and resources to assist the student conducting the research, and then travelled a very considerable distance to support the student at a public presentation of his work. The NRA could do with a generous, pro-active, unblinkered voice on the committee. Tim will provide it.

• 2 months later...

General General Council Ballot - July 2017

The results of the recent vote to elect five members of General Council were announced at the July 2017 Bisley General Meeting.

2,013 voting papers were received of which 14 were spoiled; the total number of votes cast was 8,897.

The results in ascending order were as follows:

Tim Stewart 583

Barry Morgan 754

Peter Hobson 1,027

Nick Brasier 1,236

David Crispin 1,246

Silke Lohmann 1,291

John Bloomfield 1,364

David Calvert 1,396

David Calvert, John Bloomfield, Silke Lohmann, David Crispin and Nick Brasier were duly elected to serve as members of General Council

Archived