Timney vs Jewell

Hi,

im in the process of having a custom rifle built in 6.5x47L

cant decide between timney or jewell...

rifle will be used for everything from longrange varminting to hunting.

was think around 1lb pull weight..

any opinions on either or if any one has one..

thanks

I didn't like the Jewell as the safety felt less than positive. I changed it for a secondhand CG which I really like

I have a Jewell a Timney and a Timney Calvin Elite. The Timney and Timney Calvin Elite, feel safer when in SAFE than the Jewell however the Jewell trigger is set back further within in the trigger guard, all have crisp pulls with no noticeable creep.

Another one to consider is the DCR unit.

Id say try some different ones out if you can by dry firing on other rifles. I used a few timney , rifle bassix , jewel , cg on a tikka , imo the jewel and cg are much better , the cg beats the jewel in adjustabilaty , but there relatively hard to find i believe . For me the cg or jewel definitely .

The Jewell may need a lot of TLC, if that's an issue for you - instructions recommend flushing out with lighter fuel regularly.

I didn't and my Jewell let me down. Replaced it with a Timney and had a trigger I am just as happy with, which seems (so far) much more reliable without the need for special attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Timney recommend only going as low as 1.5lb. And the two I have had were struggling to get there without slam fires. So the timney with a 1 pound pull wouldn't be an option.

However I just got the calvin elite and it's great, they can go as low as 8oz I think it is from memory.

I have some of the new 2 stage Calvins on their way over.

These will be a game changer .

How much will these be dave, i have always wanted a cg 2 stage since using a friends.

These calving elite 2 stage could fit the bill nicely.

hi wee john ive had 5 jewell triggers in the past but i thought I,d have a change(maggot in the brain) and bought a calvin elite WOW its superb pull was fantastic crisp the safety is better than the jewell that's my opinion its £70 cheaper you will love it £180 I payed for mine dave.

Archived