Cold Weather - Coming Soon

Ronin

Ive no intel, just looking at the news - wondering what if anything everyone else is doing for the onset of an arctic winter...

Change car(s) antifreeze, shovels and survival pack in boots,

Winter tyres

Stockpile fuels,,,,

etc etc etc

Just for fun, whats everyone else doing

Get excited, best time of year for foxing.

I do need to cut some fire wood soon, if my wife will let me near a cutting implement again after the finger and log splitter incident.

Here in the forest we get it cold, the trees seem to act like a giant freezer. Iv known it hit -13c before....I'm no "prepper" but I certainly do take precautions like buy extra salt, make sure the oil is topped in the tanker. Etc

But really what can you do?

Issuing woolly jumpers and socks from the G10 Acct on loan to family. Sainsburys own brand salt stock pile for the drive and patio. Turn the heating down, limit shower time. Checked food supplies today.......

Tomorrow I'll be ordered to put the extreme cold weather kit back on the store shelf, turn the heating up and stop being weird!!!! She'll be grateful one day :lol::lol:

I'll grease up the snow plough and clear the firewood from in front of it, check the air in my off road wheels for pick up and turn my phone off (avoids people wanting last minute logs cos they didn't know it was winter round about now!).

I've been preparing all spring, summer and autumn for winter with plenty to eat..... bulking up I like to call it to keep the cold out! The Mrs just calls me a greedy fat T**t! So when it's -15 we'll see

Im a Geordie so when it gets to -5 or so we usually start to close windows/doors to keep the draft out a bit. I remember when it was -17 a few years ago we were sitting around the fire, I said to the Mrs if it gets to -20 we might light it.

joking aside for a sec , one thing I do every winter is keep an eye on any elderly residents in my little village , it only takes a little of your time and could save a life ?

joking aside for a sec , one thing I do every winter is keep an eye on any elderly residents in my little village , it only takes a little of your time and could save a life ?

Top guy ;)

My hands are still tingling now from ferreting at the weekend, them little stinging nettles still come keen, bring on the cold :)

Gaz

Top guy ;)

My hands are still tingling now from ferreting at the weekend, them little stinging nettles still come keen, bring on the cold :)

Gaz

too right- effin nettles -got well rashed up on saturday working the dog on a shoot.as a few have said its a good time for foxing. the cold doesnt bother me as long as its dry- hate rain.

I've been preparing all spring, summer and autumn for winter with plenty to eat..... bulking up I like to call it to keep the cold out! The Mrs just calls me a greedy fat T**t! So when it's -15 we'll see

nice to know its not just me then

Airport jet Hawaii :lol:

Archived