Hawkeye Borescopes

DaveT

I have viewed past posts and REALLY want one of these but the cost is just MAD.

Don't jump down my throat because this is an honest question and, trust me , I like the best tools and will pay for them if I consider them worth the cost.......however...where on earth can the better part of £1000 go on a Hawkeye? Hard to see how it stacks up.

Are there any realistic competitors or is it a straight case of pay up or go without?

There is the rub!

Spending £200 just to find out its no good could soon add up.

Anyone used one?

Dave,

£1000 is a bit steep, £550 is more like it thus: http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-parts-tools-accessories/tools/borescopes/gradient-lens-17-slim-hawkeye-borescope-kit-prod25185.aspx

I succumbed a while back, nice tool and only way to really see whats going on.

As with anything i.e. Leupold, you do pay for the name a bit !

Terry

Terry

I would pay £500 but isn't the quoted dollar price plus postage, vat, import duty etc etc going to put it closer to my original projected figure?

Try Brian Fox for a good price on a borescope.

Whatever the cost it's money well spent. Honestly, the barrels I look at that are not cleaned properly - that get dumped before they need to be - soon makes a borescope cost-effective.

Vince ...I will give Brian a call...cheers

Money well spent, I wouldn't be without mine.

Mine cost £580 from Brian, and a right angled finder from Ebay costs around £35...........can be bodged on, or turn up a simple adapter.

Will frighten the life out of you when you take a squint up your recently cleaned barrel..............wouldn't be without it now, though, especially when buying a used rifle.

H/man

Yeh, it's carbon fouling that really stands out. You can't spot the stuff peering down a muzzle or throat in the usual fashion. Copper stands out like canine cahoolies casually peering down a muzzle but not carbon, and that's the insidious stuff.

Archived