Hi All

Has any body experienced this ?

Went to Bisley today to fine tune some rounds at 600 century.

The whole day was a joke as our what I can only describe as an immature idiot in the butts was no use what so ever.

The target could take up to a minute to go down and then come back up not marked then after a radio call it would disappear and come back up marked.

Most times it would not go down at all until we told them.

At one point in the afternoon I had the target moving up and down by 4 inches, guess he thought we could not see it.

The problem is that if this happens your flow disappears. :angry:

V

Channel 16 to the range office and get the little sh*t sent home! :angry:

Probably egged on by his mate on the next target!

Hi Mick

I think your right our neighbours were having problems as well

Seemed the more we complained the more they did it.

regards

Viv

Unfortunately we've had it before. Took all the fun out of the day. All you can do is complain and hope he's removed from doing it again.

Yes I will email a complaint and hope it works because it makes a great shooting venue undesirable to great shooters

V

Hi Mick

I think your right our neighbours were having problems as well

Seemed the more we complained the more they did it.

regards

Viv

Hi Viv! :)

We had problems last Saturday, although it was all down to a lack of communication.

But you would expect the butts to tell you when the correct targets have been put in the frame, rather than just sit on your arse and wait for the firing point to contact you!

Can be pretty bad! We got a refund once but that didn't make up for the frustration and wasted rounds.

I have been down to the buts mid morning to find the markers smoking dope and dancing around to a ghetto blaster.

That said, when you do get a good marker, make a point of thanking them as last contact on the radio and let the range office know too. I'm sure it works both ways.

Can be pretty bad! We got a refund once but that didn't make up for the frustration and wasted rounds.

I have been down to the buts mid morning to find the markers smoking dope and dancing around to a ghetto blaster.

That said, when you do get a good marker, make a point of thanking them as last contact on the radio and let the range office know too. I'm sure it works both ways.

Totally agree we always thank the good ones

what annoys me is when im trying to fine tune a load that's taken months to get right you need a nice steady flow to get as much human error out as you can.

Grrrrr

Sad that so many of you have had the same problem

V

I reakon the one we had at 1000yds today was messing around by the amount of v-bulls that I was getting ;)

As stated, say thanks to the good ones, some seem to actually give a toss, and when you get a good one, they can be bloody good.

Unfortunately, a crap one is just a waste of a day shooting, ammo and money :(

It's a radical idea I know, but how about doing your own butts?

That's what we do/did today

Too many of those little foofoos don't give a rats rear end, so why give them the money?

I've seen the way they carry on down there and smelled the weed they've been smoking.

Nothing they do surprises me

It's a radical idea I know, but how about doing your own butts?

That's what we do/did today

Too many of those little foofoos don't give a rats rear end, so why give them the money?

I've seen the way they carry on down there and smelled the weed they've been smoking.

Nothing they do surprises me

We do sometimes but felt that as it was 600 we would treat ourselves and concentrate on shooting.

Bad idea

Maan , this seems crazy, it aint the time or place to be smokin dope pi##ing around , now im not a target shooter , but if it were up to me id report them to range and `Possibly` police for drugs . Idiots , no respect for these stupid kids ! Ban them from the range , take turns for each other! - does this seem harsh ?

Whenever I get a good marker, he gets an extra tenner. Had a superb bloke marking for us this Thu.

That's the way to do it brown dog.

Im happy to do the same.

Sometimes it just don't work having butt detail in you group.

There was only 5 of us yesterday all testing and fine tunning kit.

So it was a day you needed a good bloke in the butts.

Rgds v

I generally shoot with my son and we take it in turns at the butts ...I have experienced the twerps chatting , slagging off the shooters etc.

I would rather NOT spend time in the butts after traveling all that way and LONG for the happy day when video feeds go in so we can monitor ourselves....LOL!

When you get a good butt marker then as well as rewarding them get their phone number and next time try to book them privately. That way you get a better service and they get more money.

That is such a good idea.Win-win for the deserving,and by implication,helps 'weed out' the unsatisfactory.

Gbal

Yep, we've all experienced cr@p service from the butts.

I've near forgotten what it's like now we've got electronic targets. You get spoilt with being able to see instantly on the screen where the shot went as well as all the previous shots. Almost seem like cheating when you first experience it.

Yep, we've all experienced cr@p service from the butts.

I've near forgotten what it's like now we've got electronic targets. You get spoilt with being able to see instantly on the screen where the shot went as well as all the previous shots. Almost seem like cheating when you first experience it.

Rub it in! :D

Archived