Which is better ?

gunner

Hi peeps , still not 100 percent sure on my next build action wise! Which would you go with Tikkas M595 or Remmy700 S/A ? Then theres still the possibility of a Thor, if i can sell a couple of cherished items ! TIA-tim

Stalking/sporting rifle the tikka anything else it be the remy or clone

Due to fashion I'd expect you'd find it easier to shift on a tikka if that's important to you.

I would avoid the older 590/595's as the T3's are just so well catered for with aftermarket parts.

Tikka actions are slick smooth from the box and are great value. The remmy's do need work and side by side the tikka would be first choice.

To make a donor worth while you need to get it cheap. Otherwise just go for a custom action.

Baldie / Daves actions are well worth the cost ...as is his gun-smithing overall.

If you can run to it why would you not go for the custom action?

tikka,my son has a 595 and its a great gun.just had a 6.5x47 built on a Thor but not got my hands on it yet

Iv seen the pics mr PC lol, it looks awsome . Well done to dave again ! EDIT ! NOW going custom action , just waiting for the damn thing to be made .

Thanks for replys people ! Looks like i wont be using either 595 or R700 ! :) but if i had to , itd be the 595 , im now converted tikka fan . ATB-Tim

The reason tikka action are so smoothe is because there so sloppy! Just don't like it and all the plastic you get also is a joke! Get either a Remington 700,Stey ssg, or custom job!

Not one little bit of plastic on my t3 rifle apart from the mag, every little bit has been customed ;)

Gaz

I've had two Tikka t3 one in 22-250 and another in 308.. There accurate but the bolt is to sloppy and loose.. For some reason most people like this and they call it slinky smooth! IMHO any action with that amount of gives will be smooth... Can't beat Remington 700... Solid action, battle proven for reliability and function, accurate out of the box and loads of aftermarket accessories! It's a no brainer really!

Well, I've two M590s and, yes, there's plastic trigger guards and the three cartridge magazine is plastic, but nothing else. Never had a T3, but also never had an after market trigger, bottom metal, etc that most folk need after they bought their R....., no, still can't say it...! :)

You have all missed the best factory action ever, its the Sako 75. No plastic bits , metal bottom metal , metal dettachable mag and a trigger that can be polished to within a whisker of a Jewell. By the way the older Tikkas are much better than the T3.

not all remmys are accurate out the box.i had a 17 fb that couldn't hit a barn door it,s replacement was no better.lad i was shooting with Sunday his remmys bolt wouldn't go down unless forced that's with factory ammo,looks like hes been told.by his rfd its the camber.imo remmys are over priced crap

Well I've had a rem 700 vls in 22-250 and with factory ammo it was a .5 gun... Now I own a semi custom 7mm rem mag (police model) and I Load my own.. I can put them all in the same hole! Don't start a discussion putting a rifle down saying it's not accurate ect.. If you fed it decent ammo as in loading your own! You can make any gun shoot well unless the barrel is shot out! All may be it's the shooter??

Archived