My new AR15 Upper.

farmer7

My new Bradley Arms .223 upper, ordered on Monday delivered to my RFD today. Using my existing CMMG lower.

18", 1 in 200mm barrel with compensator,

Samson 12.37 Evo Handgaurd,

American Defense/Vortex scope mount,

Vortex 6-24x50 PST,

First picture fitted with Jet-Z CQBS Moderator, didnt get a chance to shoot it today, going to get busy tomorrow making ammo and see how she shoots.

Thanks for the super fast, efficient, helpful service Mark!

IMG_7508_zps3b5e185a.jpgURL=http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/farmer77777/media/IMG_7507_zpsac86f5e3.jpg.html]IMG_7507_zpsac86f5e3.jpg[/url]URL=http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/farmer77777/media/IMG_7506_zpsab5176f8.jpg.html]IMG_7506_zpsab5176f8.jpg[/url]

Upper built at short notice and collected within a week of ordering. Need to be light enough for him to control in the standing position as the NRA are not keen on under 14s shooting in any position other than prone. Hopefully I'll be able to get permission for him in the New Year as I'll be signing him up for the next CSR Course.

P1030932_zpsff6f9cef.jpg

BA Side Charging Upper

BA Cocking Handle

Armalon Hammer Forged 1 in 200mm Twist 14" M4 profile barrel

JPTRE-2 Muzzle Brake

White Oak Armament Handguard

BA Lower

Geissele Hi-Speed National Match Service Rifle Trigger

Model 1 LE Tactical Butt stock

Accuracy Speaks Adjustable Butt Pad

Aimpoint Micro H1 2MOA Dot

Larue LT751 Mount

Will be sporting a S&B Short Dot when it gets back from having the reticle changed in Germany. :blush:

Got out and did some shooting today, best fun I've had with a rifle for a long time! Until today I'd never fired a straight pull AR and expected it to be harder to extract the fired cases. I couldn't believe how easy it was to cycle, that included some fairly pokey hand loads, everything cycled perfectly!

Another thing that surprised me was how little the muzzle moved when firing compared to the bolt action LTR , you really noticed the compensator working. Strange thing though was where I live its a fairly wide valley, maybe 1/2 a mile across and on shooting with the compensator there was a second echo on every shot, sounded cool! Is that some sort of secondary supersonic shockwave or something?

After having a play and satisfying myself that the starting charge of my homeloads were stabilising properly I put the JetZ CQBS mod on, its ridiculously effective! I thought it may be a compromise between effectiveness and weight but its the quitest mod I've heard on a .223, and the CQB version is even quieter!

I shot 10 groups using Berger 73gr LTBs with N140, Lapua brass, and CCI BR4s whilst working up a load using the OCW method the largest measured 1.3" the smallest 0.54", very pleased so far and look forward to sorting out a load and seeing what it will do at distance after its broken in a bit!

Does everyone full length resize their cases with AR's everytime? I've always neck sized and run them through a body die every 3rd or 4th loading with a bolt action. Just wondering as I dont want to get a case stuck in the chamber!

Finished up with a bit of rapid fire, I like it a lot!

Got out and did some shooting today, best fun I've had with a rifle for a long time! Until today I'd never fired a straight pull AR and expected it to be harder to extract the fired cases. I couldn't believe how easy it was to cycle, that included some fairly pokey hand loads, everything cycled perfectly!

Another thing that surprised me was how little the muzzle moved when firing compared to the bolt action LTR , you really noticed the compensator working. Strange thing though was where I live its a fairly wide valley, maybe 1/2 a mile across and on shooting with the compensator there was a second echo on every shot, sounded cool! Is that some sort of secondary supersonic shockwave or something?

After having a play and satisfying myself that the starting charge of my homeloads were stabilising properly I put the JetZ CQBS mod on, its ridiculously effective! I thought it may be a compromise between effectiveness and weight but its the quitest mod I've heard on a .223, and the CQB version is even quieter!

I shot 10 groups using Berger 73gr LTBs with N140, Lapua brass, and CCI BR4s whilst working up a load using the OCW method the largest measured 1.3" the smallest 0.54", very pleased so far and look forward to sorting out a load and seeing what it will do at distance after its broken in a bit!

Does everyone full length resize their cases with AR's everytime? I've always neck sized and run them through a body die every 3rd or 4th loading with a bolt action. Just wondering as I dont want to get a case stuck in the chamber!

Finished up with a bit of rapid fire, I like it a lot!

FL size Alastair, it cuts out the risks.

Besides if you ever come shooting with us, you run the risk of picking up someone else's brass, and that COULD lead to a "sticky" situation

While we're going 'Arrr' here's my stick of similar nature:

image_zpse17d26cc.jpg

All the usual bits, bipod and 20 round mag product of taking to the local range to sort drops

The builds one of Mark's offerings, I'm still getting used to the straight pull bit but they are very slick in operation.

image_zpsfc9519e3.jpg

Personnally between CSR (on square on ranges) , Roundhouse and the Quarry we have some interesting shooting now available to us. I must add the CSR is more enjoyable than I expected and well run considering the size of entries.

image_zps477de642.jpg

The rifle performs well on a diet of the GGG 62g milsurp out to 600 yards and I can now see why you do not really need to reload. I will though sort the 77g SMK's and 73g Bergers for longer ranges.

Scopes got the wrong ret. for CSR, too fine for fast quisition, gets lost in the dark targets.

T

Mick,

MTR 2 which is great on targets etc. with time to sort the little dot but probably the MTR 1 or 3 for CSR, both of which are your 'normal' mil type cross hairs (as seen in any movie when a thru' scope shot is made :) ) they just vary in stadia thickness, I need to look through some of the existing March's at a CSR shoot to see which one suits my eyes, hopefully on the 7th but work might get in the way of that.

Terry

MTR-4 for me on my March 1-10 x24.

I've just change the reticle on my Short Dot to a S&B A2, not exactly what I wanted as the FD2 could not be fitted for some reason they were not very good at explaining. However, I think this will be ideal for short range snap shooting at 100 yards and less.

Slide1_zps8270318d.jpg

MTR-4 for me on my March 1-10 x24.

I've just change the reticle on my Short Dot to a S&B A2, not exactly what I wanted as the FD2 could not be fitted for some reason they were not very good at explaining. However, I think this will be ideal for short range snap shooting at 100 yards and less.

Slide1_zps8270318d.jpg

I'm sure you know John, but need to guard against shooting high with a ret like that - in poor light or against dark targets hard to see the point and the ret wanders upwards - especially with the line seducing your eye lower on the post.

I've been told so but its primarily for snap shooting at shorter ranges where actual hits on target are more important than hits in the centre if you get my meaning, I'd rather have a ten hits on target every time than dropping shots off the target. The CQB Reticle was far too busy for what I was using the scope for and I actually like the SUSAT Reticle and this was the nearest I could get to it.

schmidtbendercqb.jpg

Archived