He@ds-up: L/H Accuracy International AW 6.5x47 and 308

A he@ds-up for anyone preparing to buy.....I'm considering selling my l/h AW.

Virtually as new.

Folder with AI newstyle skins in FDE and 26" fluted 6.5x47 barrel (stunningly accurate - shot a witnessed 0.75in group at 300yds at Bisley today) threaded for 18x1 brake/moderator (not the silly AI 18x1.5) as well as a spare 20" fluted 308 barrel.

Why pondering?

Spent my working life shooting right-handed, sounds mad, but I'm shooting so infrequently at the moment that I'm having trouble maintaining a 'good' left-hand style, all my deeply ingrained muscle memory is right-handed :rolleyes: ...starting to think I may go back to right-handed :unsure: .

Please post a note here and PM if you'd like more info.

.75" at 300, you're not doing too bad BD, what would you be like with a bit of practice!!You waited a long time for that left hooker did you not?

Mike

You waited a long time for that left hooker did you not?

Yup, but I can't seem to keep myself comfy left handed anymore - when my 'coach' :rolleyes: today kept helpfully lifting me off the ground by the belt to adjust my body position it gradually dawned on me, by about the 3rd or 4th time :rolleyes: , that each time I was 'delicately' placed into a better shooting position I was uncomfortable -and I was being placed into the position I thought I was in - they took photos to prove to me I wasn't lying in the position that I thought I was -if that makes sense?!

When I swapped to the r/h shoulder, normality resumed -which is what's set this rather unexpected train of thought running.

What is it they say about new tricks and old dogs? Had to laugh at your account of your coaches efforts today :D You just need to retain him on a permanent basis BD, be cheaper than changing the gun again!

Mike

Yup, but I can't seem to keep myself comfy left handed anymore - when my 'coach' :rolleyes: today kept helpfully lifting me off the ground by the belt to adjust my body position it gradually dawned on me, by about the 3rd or 4th time :rolleyes: , that each time I was 'delicately' placed into a better shooting position I was uncomfortable -and I was being placed into the position I thought I was in - they took photos to prove to me I wasn't lying in the position that I thought I was -if that makes sense?!

When I swapped to the r/h shoulder, normality resumed -which is what's set this rather unexpected train of thought running.

Just curious-was the .75 dressing from the right or the left-implication might be the 'normal right',but cat among pigeons if it was the left....

gbal

Just curious-was the .75 dressing from the right or the left-implication might be the 'normal right',but cat among pigeons if it was the left....

gbal

It was from the left shoulder - didn't say I can't shoot that way ;) , I just don't seem to have good muscle memory that way - at least not enough to 'carry' me with the amount of shooting (ie insufficient) I'm doing these days.

Not sure that it's the same Barry - I'm swapping shoulders, I think you're preferring firing a r/h rifle from the left shoulder? I'm hard over on the bolt being on the correct orientation for the shoulder in use - I'm just confused about which shoulder to use (and which hand has the better trigger finger etc)! :)

"Forty",,,,years of muscle memory makes the body accustomed to a lefty shooting a RH bolt gun.

Persevere Matt...

You just need to condition your ageing bones back to how they were originally configured....

.75" at 300,,,,,persevere and we're partners again for CZ 2014 by the way

In a few weeks i'll have the Ax sorted in 6.5x47 - come up and have a play side by side and see if you still feel the same.

and we're partners again for CZ 2014 by the way

:lol:

In a few weeks i'll have the Ax sorted in 6.5x47 - come up and have a play side by side and see if you still feel the same.

May take you up on that :)

Just entered one of the CSR days in June. If I find myself dropping prone and fighting the urge to put the rifle up to my right shoulder, I think that'll be my decision point

Not sure that it's the same Barry - I'm swapping shoulders, I think you're preferring firing a r/h rifle from the left shoulder? I'm hard over on the bolt being on the correct orientation for the shoulder in use - I'm just confused about which shoulder to use (and which hand has the better trigger finger etc)! :)

sorry Matt understand now what you mean i have no trouble shooting AI from left shoulder r/h bolt feels right us lefty are a mixed up bunch

Matt,

1. Sort your self out and stop being soft - all this whinging and moaning (oh my muscle memory doesn't like it. I feel a bit uncomfortable) Please have a word with yourself.

2. It should come down to which is your dominate eye.

3. Its not about "Having" time its about Making time.

MJR - you're so right, having gone North to South and back yesterday I can safely say the southerners are getting softer and softer.

There would be no need for this conversation if people did the sensible thing....and strangled left handers at birth.

They are sinister , you know.

Matt,

1. Sort your self out and stop being soft - all this whinging and moaning (oh my muscle memory doesn't like it. I feel a bit uncomfortable) Please have a word with yourself.

2. It should come down to which is your dominate eye.

3. Its not about "Having" time its about Making time.

MJR - you're so right, having gone North to South and back yesterday I can safely say the southerners are getting softer and softer.

Huh haarrr and Amen to the above.....

I'm a Northerner living in the South and I feel yer pain.....

Good to see you yesterday Rob

There would be no need for this conversation if people did the sensible thing....and strangled left handers at birth.

They are sinister , you know.

maybe only the Roman ones? ;-)

Gbal

Matt,

Get a grip. You shot your Tikka to 5th spot at last years CZ comp and just shot a stonking group with the AW.

If you aren't comfortable behind the rifle these results would not be possible.

At the first RBL sharp shooter comp some chap next to me was remarking on my body position being incorrect. Sure enough it didn't affect my score and I came 3rd in class.

Now I will say it could be the paint on your scope making you paranoid. You need to sell it to me at very good price......

Archived