some info please before i make the 4 hr drive again and blow the cobwebs off my cap and whippet!

think scoring area is about 8", is it shot at 500m or 500y?

500 yds

3 five shot groups, which are marked in coloured pen bettween details (you stay on the point, fire five, target marked , target shot again and marked, target shot last time and marked)

Well worth the trek, especially good to see how the amazingly accuract guns that shoot "all the time in the .1's" transform into a scatter gun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wanna come up to stretch the AW's legs

Could incorporate a cutting excercise,,

some info please before i make the 4 hr drive again and blow the cobwebs off my cap and whippet!

think scoring area is about 8", is it shot at 500m or 500y?

Gary,

You get plenty of sighters so, as long as you have a decent 500 yd zero you'll be fine.

Vince

Would urge ALL free on the day of the Fly shoot to come down and have a go.

Its a FUN days shooting :D :D :D

Myself and garys are attending this time,we both shot the egg shoot and really enjoyed it,even though i male chickened up my elevation and only managed 3 shots on the gopher with the 22br.i would urge anyone half intrested to get along and enjoy the day.if you have never shot out to this distance dont worry you will get plenty of help from the friendly natives.

Myself and garys are attending this time,we both shot the egg shoot and really enjoyed it,even though i male chickened up my elevation and only managed 3 shots on the gopher with the 22br.i would urge anyone half intrested to get along and enjoy the day.if you have never shot out to this distance dont worry you will get plenty of help from the friendly natives.

See you both there......... ;)

• 1 month later...

Not been to Diggle so before I get a car full of southern softies organised....

Pre book?

Easy to find?

Burger van?

Cost?

Shooter certificate needed?

Foot massage and pedicure available on site?

You need a gun , some ammo, a few quid, and a sense of humour. :)

You get your turn to shoot.There are unlimited sighters [within reason ] and help to get everyone on the target. You then fire three , 5 round groups. Each group is marked, then the next fired. The three groups are measured and count towards your final score. There are patches for hitting the fly, and the 15 rounds are scored on the target too.

You do your spell in the butts so alls fair.

The Fly shoot is the biggest piss-take of the year , so bring your sense of humour. :lol:

Leave our sheep alone......they are OURS ! [ yes darrel, that means you too ]

Tea and coffee facilities plus around half a dozen microwaves in our ample and warm clubhouse.

Auntie wainrights empororium will be open for business i have no doubt too [Foxy ]

Pre book?

Easy to find?

Burger van?

Cost?

No need to pre-book

Postcode is OL3 5LB - gets you pretty close.

Well equipped kitchen with many microwaves, tea and coffee, choc bars, crisps etc.

Cost - for the Fly Shoot £5.00 but there is a £15 range fee for non-members.

Massage? Mr Fox will be pleased to massage your wallet!

Vince

Pre book?

Easy to find?

Burger van?

Cost?

You've been spoilt by Bisley :rolleyes:

Easy to find? Not even remotely but, I'm still planning on going and I can meet you somewhere easier to find and show you. I'll give you a call later.

Burger van? No, kitkat or packet of crisps from the cupboard.

Shooter certificate needed? No

Foot massage and pedicure available on site? If it's hailing therte is a possibility of a massage and if it's raining your feet will get a nice soaking.

What you do get that you don't a bisley though is a great comp and atmosphere. Banter is about the same though (from our lot anyway) :rolleyes:.

Rich

• 4 months later...

Can anyone assist? Vince has kindly supplied me with a copy of the fly target. However I am finding it very tricky to find someone to print some copies off cheaply. Does anyone have any recommendations of a printer who could do this for me?

Thanks JCS

Most printers will do them but they are looking for biggish orders - like 500 copies. Then it works out at around 35p per target.

Vince

Archived