Royal Marine hello from Exeter

Evening all,

I know we don't have to introduce ourselves on here but i thought i would take the time to explain why i'm on this forum.

Firstly, thanks to the mods for allowing me to join this forum it looks well organised. I'm 32 years old currently serving in the Royal Marines. I have 2 permissions around the Exeter area where i live and own 2 weapons, a Steyr Pro Hunter mountain .223 which i reload for and a .177 Daystate MK3 air rifle which is FAC level. Any day now i should be receiving my ticket in the post which will have my new .308 variation on.

I have been using the Deer Stalking Directory forum for a while now and some one suggested i try using this forum as it deals with shooters looking at longer ranges. Although i enjoy shooting vermin, i find myself being attracted towards long range targets.

Do you know any one who shoots at long range in the Exeter area?

Regards

Carl.

Welcome Carl.

There are a good few members here from down your way who are into the long range stuff. One even set up his own range.I,m sure someone will chime in. :)

Welcome carl Im about an hour away from you there is a range in parracombe which is probably about 40 mins from you speak to terry h he's a member I'm thinking about joining! If they will have me!

Rob

Welcome to the dark side Carl

Carl,

e-mail sent, come and have a look-see, think we've got a couple of ex 'boot necks' :)

millpool's about the only 'long-ish range locally (600 yards) but it's a start.

Terry

Many thanks for all your replies.

Terry, whats the best date and time to come along to one of your ranges. Can't really find any blokes in the Exeter area who are into longer range shooting. Any one know of any reloaders in the area? If you reload drop us a line?

Hello I'm Jim . I also live in Devon and would also like to get involved in some long range rifle shooting out to 600 yrd . I currently shoot a Rem 700 in .243 with WC Pred 8 mod and S&B 3-12 PM2 scope which i use for foxing and deer stalking. I have also owned a 30.06 steyr rifle which i have shot Red Deer with at 300yrds . Currently waiting for SGC and FAC to come back as it's up for renewal. Have re applied for another 30.06 with the possibility of getting another Rem 700 and have it customized for long range work . This is a very good and informative forum to be part of.

Many thanks Jim :)

PS- Any members who can help me out or point me in the right direction please pm me :D .

Hi Carl . No I'm not in the services mate , i live near Plymouth on the edge of the moors. feel free to ask any questions on the PM2 and I'll help any way i can. Mine is a 3-12x50 version with Bryant Ret same as my avatar image. 1 cm clicks ,34mm tube and with sunshade.

Jim

Hi Carl

Happened to PM you earlier about your Harris 6-9. I'm in Honiton looking for similar range stuff (not services, don't reload... yet) but have been given a couple of tip off's on range shooting in the area, one (300 yrds) is only 30 mins from Exeter/Lympstone, just outside Cullompton. It sounds relatively relaxed but would be a good start to keep your eye in. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll pass on the details.

Cheers,

Rich

Hi Carl

Happened to PM you earlier about your Harris 6-9. I'm in Honiton looking for similar range stuff (not services, don't reload... yet) but have been given a couple of tip off's on range shooting in the area, one (300 yrds) is only 30 mins from Exeter/Lympstone, just outside Cullompton. It sounds relatively relaxed but would be a good start to keep your eye in. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll pass on the details.

Cheers,

Rich

PM sent mate

Hi Carl

Cheers,

Rich

PM sent Rich

Jim

Archived