You think you're having a bad day ?

baldie

Got a nice parcel with a grands worth of reamers in yesterday...... :D

Saturday morning, i thought, i,ll rebarrel my rifle in 6mm SLR and fireform some brass to use for proof, as i have 2 customers sat waiting patiently for theirs doing too. 8 weeks i,ve waited for these reamers.

Started cutting, throat and neck, no problem, as soon as the neck/shoulder junction started cutting, i saw something fall off into the oil catcher/filter for the flushing system.

It was a reamer flute. No indication, no grab, no nothing....just a scrap reamer.

IMG_1108.jpg

The door is locked, i,m going to the pub to get extremely drunk.

It has got to be a bad reamer .the steel looked flawed when you showed it to me .You should have said you were going for a jar or three I would have joined in .Great way to end a that which promotes growth and vigour week .

Mick

ive got one here if you would like to borrow it but it does have a .272 neck dave, its coming your way eventually any way

ive got one here if you would like to borrow it but it does have a .272 neck dave, its coming your way eventually any way

i am newark tomoorow if that helps get it to you quicker if tyou need it urgent

Just when you think you have hit rockbottom, someone gives you a ring, and bends over backwards to help you out.

There are some diamonds in this world, and Spud is one of them. Your generosity and help are very much appreciated Mark, and i wont forget it.

Thank you very much. ;)

same thing has happend to me today with a PTG REAMER 6.5/284 tight neck . First time used same brake on the flute .

Sorry spud I will order a new reamer monday , just have to wait a bit longer for your new barrel

same thing has happend to me today with a PTG REAMER 6.5/284 tight neck . First time used same brake on the flute .

Sorry spud I will order a new reamer monday , just have to wait a bit longer for your new barrel

hopefully sorted Danny not that i had any problems waiting for it.no rush mate

Just when you think you have hit rockbottom, someone gives you a ring, and bends over backwards to help you out.

There are some diamonds in this world, and Spud is one of them. Your generosity and help are very much appreciated Mark, and i wont forget it.

Thank you very much. ;)

lol i need to boorow a 6.5-284 remaer dave omg this is very spooky

hopefully sorted Danny not that i had any problems waiting for it.no rush mate

this is getting to fooking spooky for me

1 reamer breaks in baldies work shop in yorkshire and i offer to lend one and an hour later another reamer breaks in danny's workshop in norfolk when he is rebarreling my rifle omg

this is getting to fooking spooky for me

1 reamer breaks in baldies work shop in yorkshire and i offer to lend one and an hour later another reamer breaks in danny's workshop in norfolk when he is rebarreling my rifle omg

Lock all of your doors, take some ration packs and turn out the lights for the next month mate. Don't speak to anyone and DO NOT answer your phone!..............

Lock all of your doors, take some ration packs and turn out the lights for the next month mate. Don't speak to anyone and DO NOT answer your phone!..............

lol

Got a nice parcel with a grands worth of reamers in yesterday...... :D

Saturday morning, i thought, i,ll rebarrel my rifle in 6mm SLR and fireform some brass to use for proof, as i have 2 customers sat waiting patiently for theirs doing too. 8 weeks i,ve waited for these reamers.

Started cutting, throat and neck, no problem, as soon as the neck/shoulder junction started cutting, i saw something fall off into the oil catcher/filter for the flushing system.

It was a reamer flute. No indication, no grab, no nothing....just a scrap reamer.

IMG_1108.jpg

The door is locked, i,m going to the pub to get extremely drunk.

Have you spoken to PTG about this? just wondered what their take on It was? dodgy heat treat maybe leaving reamer brittle.

I just picked up some reamers this morning, hopefully no issues lurking there. I know PTG will sort any problems with their products, but it's the extra waiting which is the PITA.

A bad day?

Well, coming back from Newark, last night, an ominous clattering developed from under the bonnet - where the expensive bit lurks.

Managed to get down the A1, thank God, made it onto the the home run and about a mile from home she blew.

Great bang, loss of everything - especially the oil which ran out of the hole in the block.

Result - one scrap Navara. :wacko:

Luckily a friend in the village towed me back to the farm.

Oh well! Could have been worse. Just glad I didn't spend all me dosh at the show.

SPUD,,,can't seem to get a PM to you so here goes with a question for you........ Dave is doing me a 6mm SLR and given the reamer breakage yesterday my options now seem to be to either wait for a new one from the States (Dave is checking on this) or turn my Winchester brass down to suit your 272 neck reamer.

I was hoping to avoid that chore but if I do go with the 272 neck then what neck thickness would you recommend getting Winchester brass down to?

Also I wonder if the .270" neck bushing for the die from Robert W would need changing?

Beat this!

On Friday I was due to take delivery of a Deckel milling machine, this is (or was) a beautiful example of German precision engineering of toolroom quality at it's best. It was fitted with imperial dials but also had a digital read-out and a good selection of fixtures and tooling. It was a compicated deal that involved several parties and months of arranging. To cut a long story short, the machinery movers managed to drop and destroy it. I've managed to salvage the digital read-out and other bits but thats it. Excuse me while I go away and tear my hair out,

Alan

Dave, i'm pretty certain the reamer would be replaced like for like by DK.

Looks like a flaw in the steel to me to chip like that,

I dont think it will regrind,,,,, :rolleyes:

I know youre sorted with a reamer, but if had the same, you'd have had a spare option too.

Archived