You think you're having a bad day ?

baldie

The barrel wasn,t damaged in any way Andy, fortunatly.

Did a .223 wylde this morning, and my heart was in my mouth as i started chambering. No problems whatsoever.

When something like this happens, you have allsorts go through your mind, did i do anything wrong ? etc.

It was simply a bad reamer.

Which model Deckel milling machine was it Alan,did it fall or was it dropped! :o

Hi Casebar,

A Deckel FP1 Mk 3. I was not there otherwise you might be hearing about me on the news (GBH or murder)! Apparently the **** who was moving it decided to save time by dragging it out of the storage unit by connecting a strop to his truck and taking off at speed. The mill caught the lip of the door to the storage unit, toppled over and was dragged down a step into the yard. This guy was supposed to be an experienced machinery mover who was recommended to me by an engineer who had known him for about 10 years. At this moment I am not a happy bunny,

Alan

Hi Casebar,

A Deckel FP1 Mk 3. I was not there otherwise you might be hearing about me on the news (GBH or murder)! Apparently the **** who was moving it decided to save time by dragging it out of the storage unit by connecting a strop to his truck and taking off at speed. The mill caught the lip of the door to the storage unit, toppled over and was dragged down a step into the yard. This guy was supposed to be an experienced machinery mover who was recommended to me by an engineer who had known him for about 10 years. At this moment I am not a happy bunny,

Alan

I've worked wih some machine movers who were like that. Unfortunately we scrapped all our deckels about 6 years ago, we couldn't even give them away.

I thought it would give better performance with the 77 grain smks Mark. It was a toss up between that and the .223 match.Plus the ability to use 5.56 milsurp safely really. My old barrel [sgc ]was a wylde chamber and it was pretty good.I,ve put a lilja 3 groove on, and am very interested to see how it wears/performs in the abuse we csr/pr shooters put them through.

Early morning edit...

PTG have already been in touch with apologies and the immediate start of a replacement reamer today.

That is excellent customer service ! :)

Suffice it to say the gun is barrelled....and i,m off to the bleeding pub again !

PTG have another expensive order on its way....... :angry:

arsebiscuits....

If anyone says SLR to me again.....they had better mean a self loader. :lol:

Archived