Had a few surprise visitors in the garden today.....

re'M'ington

I saw the Buck first but had to get the camera,so popped downstairs and soon back in the bedroom,sat on the edge of the bed with the window open,but just to see the Buck disappear into my lovely wildlife garden....lol

I sat there for 5 minutes,and wondered whether I might get a response from the butollo call,so downstairs again and in position.....3 quick pheeps at 20 second intervals and out popped this little girl............

DSC_00090001-2.jpg

DSC_00110001-1.jpg

But,she wasn't for staying,and she soon turned and make her escape...........

DSC_00120001-1.jpg

I kept on with the call,and she returned with her little bundle of joy for me to see..........

DSC_00130001-1.jpg

Can't be very old,maybe a week or two..........

DSC_00160001-1.jpg

The little one soon got shy and wandered up the garden,and then the Mother started to bark like mad,I was in a position that I had never been in before....watching a Muntjac bark....

DSC_00260001-1.jpg

She barked maybe 4-5 times and then out from the right came the Buck,a good head albeit a bit thin,he took me by surprise a bit and soon went out of camera shot(shame).........

DSC_00280001-1.jpg

DSC_00290001.jpg

It made my day I can tell you,and I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did.

Martin

FANTASTIC! :)

Thanks!

Martin: bloody awesome! That's all I can say. I've spent a great deal of time chasing the little critters and have never had the opportunity to take that kind of photo. How positive was the does response to the Buttolo?

Regards

Gareth

Fantastic mate, lovely to see them in your own garden, dont have them down here in Devon so especially nice to see, as andybrock says a definate pic for the country file calender next year.....Good quality pics.

Thanks, Tony.

Martin: bloody awesome! That's all I can say. I've spent a great deal of time chasing the little critters and have never had the opportunity to take that kind of photo. How positive was the does response to the Buttolo?

Regards

Gareth

It was pretty amazing to be honest,she came round into view like a thunderbolt,which was just the opposite with the Buck,first Pheep and he was offski quick smart!

It was pretty amazing to be honest,she came round into view like a thunderbolt,which was just the opposite with the Buck,first Pheep and he was offski quick smart!

Think this response may have been as she had a fawn at foot. Dunno why though as (afaict) Muntys don't have that sound in their vocal range. Had the same response from a Roe Doe when I was buggering about squeaking a blade of grass once.

Cheers

Gareth

Archived