Rigby Bipod

This has been developed for the last ten or so months, interesting to see the price hike in that time.

Looks like a cross bettween Atlas and TRG.

Shame no one has developed a SUSPENDED design, far more stable, but with obvious problems of scope eyeline interferance....

The Rigby looks like it ticks several boxes, but I think i'll stay with the ATlas, weight increase is an issue here I think....especially if you need a movevable system.

This has crossed my mind several times since building the .260 in the AICS chassis. This stock has a very "unbalanced" feeling....very top heavy, when sat on a harris etc. A bit like a rollerskating pig ! :lol:

In an idle moment, slurping tea etc, i wondered what a sako TRG bipod would be like, fitted up with an AI spigot ?

Suspension bipods are definatly the way to go for me...the gun just "hangs" there....centrally.

Anyone got a trg bipod they want to sell ?

This has crossed my mind several times since building the .260 in the AICS chassis. This stock has a very "unbalanced" feeling....very top heavy, when sat on a harris etc. A bit like a rollerskating pig ! :lol:

In an idle moment, slurping tea etc, i wondered what a sako TRG bipod would be like, fitted up with an AI spigot ?

Suspension bipods are definatly the way to go for me...the gun just "hangs" there....centrally.

Anyone got a trg bipod they want to sell ?

Hi Dave, I also have been having the same thoughts???, then when i seen the rigby bipod, i thought that it looked like the answer???

Dave let me know what you come up with???

Darrel ;)

Had all the sales blurb from RUAG on the bipod today, and its a very nice system that is adaptable with reasonable priced add-ons to suit anything. So much so, i spooned out a kidney and ordered one. It looks to tick all the boxes for the AICS its going on. I think i will be sticking to the atlas bipods on the other guns, but this needed a different solution.

Reviews will follow.

I cant fault the Atlas buddy, i just think a pendulum bipod will offer a better solution on an AICS stocked gun of mine, which is top heavy. I forsee me selling off all my harris,s in a few weeks, and sticking solely with atlas and rigby.

I'm a bit lost on this; I mentally equate 'rigby' with big-game rifles bought by city-types choosing brand over function.

What else do Rigby make that's accuracy oriented?

and

What's their experience to make users confident that they've got this design right?

And anyone got any thoughts on the physics of this?

Surely stability is a function of feet 'spread' against distance from C of G

- and got nothing to do with how it attaches?

The Rigby of today is not the Rigby of yesteryear Matt. The company went bust, and was sold at least once. This bipod has been in developement for a long time, and is well documented on snipers hide.

Providing its well made, and it sure looks to be, there is not a lot to go wrong really. Its a better version, and a more adaptable version of the trg bipod. Its no secret that the TRG owes much of its legendary accuracy to the pendulum bipod.

I'm a bit lost on this; I mentally equate 'rigby' with big-game rifles bought by city-types choosing brand over function.

What else do Rigby make that's accuracy oriented?

I thought the same at first but then saw a few lines written somewhere on the net which summed it up nicely. Basically said that back in the days you describe Rigby were at the forefront of firearms design. Their double guns were the best going and they were making the advances. Time has moved on and they're still at the forefront of design, just the bar is higher/different now.

Made sense to me.

I think the move is bold and laudable. They could just sit back and do the usual Belted Earl business without risking devaluing their best walnut and blue reputation and snob factor. Instead they're willing to have a stab at the (perceived) lower end stuff to continue the ethos of pioneering design.

The Rigby of today is not the Rigby of yesteryear Matt. The company went bust, and was sold at least once.

Guessing that maybe the case. Rather like Churchill shotguns. :rolleyes:

What else are these fellows doing along these lines? (& who were they before they bought the name? :ph34r: )

With regard to the height issue encountered with the AICS this would be overcome with the use of a picatinny rail mounted via the std AICS bi-pod mount, very much like the adapter made by ATLAS. I am currently waiting for them to pull their fingers out and produce one for the TRG also.

I have seen one on a chap called Spuhr's rifle on snipershide, however this was a custom and he will not make any more. This would allow any picatinny mounted bi-pod to fit with a lower centre of gravity.

100_3758.jpg

What I'm not understanding is, in terms of levers, fulcrums, pivots etc; how does the rifle 'know' that there's a suspension thing going on?

To my mind it'll just behave as though the bipod had a solid cross piece and spigot where I've drawn the yellow bar.

ie the behaviour would be exactly the same if the bipod legs were simply connected to the ends of the yellow bar - without the cradle malarchy.

What am I missing here?! :unsure::)

bipodsuspension.jpg

Archived