The Valkyrie Action.

baldie

Its been a long time coming, and finally after rigorous testing, and improvements in its various forms, my first actions came yesterday, and just how i wanted them. This action is built with my improvements over the predecessors i built guns on at SYSS. Mine carries features that the others dont, like the internal serial number, tactical handle etc.

Hopefully these pics are a little better than the previous efforts....they should be, the camera was bloody dear enough....still, it needs a photographer that knows what he,s doing too... :lol:

IMG_0528.jpg

Shot of the ejection port with the number inside, also the fluted bolt shaft.

IMG_0527.jpg

Rear view, bolt in battery.

IMG_0524.jpg

front view showing the tenon threads and also the recoil lug pin hole. The lug is an oversized ptg stainless model.

IMG_0523.jpg

left hand view of name and rail.

IMG_0520.jpg

left hand.

IMG_0518.jpg

Right hand.

The picatinney rail is held on with four M4 s/s bolts. The tenon is 1 1/16" x 16 TPI.

The action is stainless as is the bolt handle and knob, the shaft is chrome moly.

Sako extractor, Pin ejector, Runs std rem firing pin and springs etc, and is rem footprint.

Bolt tolerances are speccable on order, available in right/left hand repeater, and right or left hand single shot. Long action due very shortly, and all will be on show at Newark at the end of feb.

Full blown tactical action early in the new year, which will be a bit special. ;)

With the picatinney rail, recoil lug, and tactical bolt handle, it will retail at £975.

####### bootiful as we say in norfolk dave

have you got any spare ones or are they all spoken for?

hopefully bump in to you at newark

There,s plenty Spud, i,m obviously going to try and keep a stock on, but it ties up money obviously. The last thing i wanted, was to unveil it, and then not have supplies. The common repeaters will always be stocked, single shots and long actions will be on order, but the turnaround will be quick.

There,s plenty Spud, i,m obviously going to try and keep a stock on, but it ties up money obviously. The last thing i wanted, was to unveil it, and then not have supplies. The common repeaters will always be stocked, single shots and long actions will be on order, but the turnaround will be quick.

thanks dave

All i have are .308 bolt face Mark, but i,m pretty certain we had some .223 bolts done too. I,m gonna check on that, as i cant keep pace with .20,s at the moment.

Very nice indeed,thats really slick.Not a critisism Dave but if it were possible it would be nice to have the rail set into a tight tolerance milled guideway on the action.It need not be very deep but would add another touch of class? Would you recommend "epoxy" under the rail as well or no need? Be interested to here your thoughts on this even if you think its a crap idea on my part.Onehole.

Very nice indeed,thats really slick.Not a critisism Dave but if it were possible it would be nice to have the rail set into a tight tolerance milled guideway on the action.It need not be very deep but would add another touch of class? Would you recommend "epoxy" under the rail as well or no need? Be interested to here your thoughts on this even if you think its a crap idea on my part.Onehole.

There is a whole host of things that i could have added Onehole, but it all adds to the cost buddy. I wanted this action to retail under a grand, and on the whole, i think it has the most features of any out there in that price bracket.

In tests, no problems whatsoever have been found with the rail, especially since i changed the weedy yank threads to M4. Yes, it could be epoxied/devconned if required....there is a nice slot under there that would hold a reservoir of devcon nicely. Is it necessary ? I dont think so....air brakes on a tortoise maybe...but if people wish to do it then why not.With the best will in the world, making two machined parts an absolute perfect fit is not realistic. They would need to be lapped together, and again, it would add to the cost.

Looking good Dave.

Light enough for a hunting rifle I presume.

edi

Yeah, sure Edi. I havent weighed it, but its not a lot heavier than a remmy. "meat" has been left in where ever possible however, to add stiffness/strength, especially between the right hand abuttments [front of the ejection port ] this will greatly aid ejection on 6mmBr builds.

What is not obvious also, is that the feed ramp has a slot cut in it, to allow ANY mag fed length round to feed up through it. Again, a work in progress alteration i made after a 6 x 47 using HS magazines put rounds under the ramp. Its sorted now. :D

There is a whole host of things that i could have added Onehole, but it all adds to the cost buddy. I wanted this action to retail under a grand, and on the whole, i think it has the most features of any out there in that price bracket.

In tests, no problems whatsoever have been found with the rail, especially since i changed the weedy yank threads to M4. Yes, it could be epoxied/devconned if required....there is a nice slot under there that would hold a reservoir of devcon nicely. Is it necessary ? I dont think so....air brakes on a tortoise maybe...but if people wish to do it then why not.With the best will in the world, making two machined parts an absolute perfect fit is not realistic. They would need to be lapped together, and again, it would add to the cost.

Yeah see your point and thanks for reply.M4 threads are good and glue if you want thats fair enough.Wish you every success with it,well done, regds onehole.

Dave

lovely action

if you want some images doing, give me a shout.

Although there are some better qualified chaps on here (thinking Tony in Devon specifically) am willing to do some for u if you want...

Vince, come over anytime , you are always welcome, and have a good squint at it.

Alternatively, i,ll bring one up to Diggle, as i plan on getting up a lot more in the new year, as i rationalise work hours a lot better.

No they dont Garry.It would all add to the price, and as i,ve stated, it needed to be sub grand to have a spot in the marketplace.

However, the pin hole is a lot better fit around the firing pin than a std remington.I haven,t seen the cratering a remmy is famous for to the same extent.

If people stopped their loads when cratering started, the best part of the cartridges made, would never reach their full potential. Whilst safety should never be ignored, i,ve always felt that people worry far too much about cratering. It is not a good indicator of pressure, as primers vary wildly in their quality and construction. I run what could be termed "loose" firing pins in several calibres, including both the ones you mention, and have never pierced a primer yet, despite them ending up as flat as a witches tit. The best indicator of pressure is stiff bolt lift and ejector marks on the case head in my opinion.

Archived