Beauty and the beast

Elwood

The beast.

I picked up this rather ugly duckling early last year, and although it shot great it didn't please aesthetically.So I decided to do something about it.

PICT0007.jpgPICT0005.jpg

And now the beauty

I have always liked dark wood stocks against stainless steel barrels and actions, and although this rifle has neither a dark wood or stainless finish I'm still really chuffed with how it has come out.

The wood walnut burle finish is a transfer coating ( think Hydrographic ) but done by Paul (aka Bullet243) from this forum.

The paintwork was done by James Clark, I'm sure most of you are familiar with James. The paint is Duracoat and the colour is Pewter.

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

Lovely rifle there you have, what a difference it made!!

Can i ask how much the stock finish cost?

I have a bit of a wood fetish myself and wouldnt mind a bit of that!! Do you think the coating will be durable and wont chip?

Garry.

Lovely transition Ian

Has the barrelled action remained unchanged apart from the coating?

6.5, thank you for the compliments. You will have to speak to Paul about the price, lets just say it will not break the bank. PM Bullet243 for Paul.

As with most or all coatings they will withstand a bang from wide edged object, but run a screw driver over it or catch it on barbed wire and it's going mark it, I guess really you need to treat it like it was a real walnut burle stock.

Andy, as far as I'm aware nothing has changed :blink: why isn't something there that's supposed to be? perhaps we can start a spot the bolt competition :lol:

Very nice Ian. Love the burl. I,ve made allsorts of walking sticks from walnut burr, as well as elm, and that looks exactly right.

If you,ve had the barrel off for painting, get the headspace checked with guages. The barrels never go back in the finnfire rimfire,s in the same place without a guage being used.

Nice Ian..... very nice.... glad to see that the pheasants aren't taking over your entire Life at present...

So, tell all, calibre? and .... and .... and

Best

P

Hi Pete, I'm surprised no one asked me this earlier. Perhaps we could make this is another competition, guess the rifle and calibre comp.

Answers on a post code and address it too The Sako Finnfire 22LR competition. :lol:

The winner receives the same prize as the last comp I ran, only a different colour.

A really nice overhaul there, what sort off money does a holographic rush you Ian as i have an auto which i would like to do in the future

Ian,

'What a difference a day makes' :lol:

Very nice and tidy, but agree on the scope, being high it spoils the lines a bit, needs to be a gloss finish to compliment the rifle.

T

A really nice overhaul there, what sort off money does a holographic rush you Ian as i have an auto which i would like to do in the future

The last stock I had done at Hydrographics cost me £120, this one was done by Paul and was considerably cheaper.

Hi Pete, I'm surprised no one asked me this earlier. Perhaps we could make this is another competition, guess the rifle and calibre comp.

Answers on a post code and address it too The Sako Finnfire 22LR competition. :lol:

The winner receives the same prize as the last comp I ran, only a different colour.

Yup I real do like a late night laugh.

I also like the pricing :D

Archived