Load for 6mmBR

Rob1562

Hi All,

I'm having a 6mmBR built with the intention of shooting 95-105grn bullets (foxing,small deer and plinking/gongs).

Rifle is a single shot Stiller Diamondback action, with 22", 1in8 twist Walther Lowthar barrel.

I have a stock of 95grn Sierra TMK's and was thinking of these as a starting point.

Anyone using a similar combination and can give me a rough starting point ? Or its out with the manuals and I'll start load development from scratch.....

Thanks in anticipation, Rob. 

I have a 6br, only used on paper, but have very good results with Varget. If starting on this trip at the present time I think you will need to take into consideration the availability of non REACH compliant powders.

I found my 6br, Savage F-12 single shot action/ Shilen 1/8 barrel, relatively unfussy about loads and bullets. I settled on 29.6 of Varget/108gn Berger. 

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've had look at Accurate Shooter and 6mmBR's posted loads......was hoping someone had a pet load with Vit 135/140 as i've got loads of that as the 22BR loves N135 !

Regards, Rob.  

N135 is more suitable for the lighter bullets,I have a load for 75 Vmax. N140 would be suitable for the heavier bullets. I'm running low on Varget and shall soon be trying 140 with 105 Amax. I'd be interested to hear how you get on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest Rob , is your throat cut for 95- or 105s ? Or shorter ? Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

31 grains of RS52 behind 105 grain Scenar "L" does it for me................around 2900 fps.

Re-Pete

Archived