Will a tikka t3 x in 223 fit aics AT CHASSIS

Richiew

• Richiew changed the title to Will a tikka t3 x in 223 fit aics AT CHASSIS

AICS are made for Remington 700 footprint actions. There has been talk of AI producing Tikka inlet chassis for years and a sample on show at shot show. However at this time they are not on the open market. 

That being said with some engineering it can be done. Not mine by the way. The photo taken off snipershide

7D90BC03-FD0B-4740-9C1D-3BE7D92B834B.jpeg

Hey Richie, the Oryx from MDT is worth considering. Mine has proved to be very good in improving the accuracy in comparison to the original stock. I took a long look at their more expensive options but I'm happy with the choice of the Oryx. One thing worth knowing is that you have to have the cheek-rest raised up about 1" from the stock (using the adjustment) in order to remove the bolt. Not a problem for me - I quite like it there. The MDT polymer 10-round AICS mag that goes in the Oryx is superb and will take 2.55" COAL which means my hand loaded 75gr ELDM rounds that measure 2.500" COAL fit. It's actually the reason why I bought the stock. You can add various rails and there is a single M-LOK slot on the bottom of the stock. I'm still working on how to mount a rear sling stud without it getting in the way. cheers, Giles

Hi Giles 

thanks for the info . I’m still pondering on what to do, there’s some lovely systems about but would love a thumbhole AI AT stock . Seen the spuhr and mdt versions but they are pricey. Prefer a folder to easily remove the bolt. 
Have a great weekend 

12 hours ago, farmer_giles said:

Hey Richie, the Oryx from MDT is worth considering. Mine has proved to be very good in improving the accuracy in comparison to the original stock. I took a long look at their more expensive options but I'm happy with the choice of the Oryx. One thing worth knowing is that you have to have the cheek-rest raised up about 1" from the stock (using the adjustment) in order to remove the bolt. Not a problem for me - I quite like it there. The MDT polymer 10-round AICS mag that goes in the Oryx is superb and will take 2.55" COAL which means my hand loaded 75gr ELDM rounds that measure 2.500" COAL fit. It's actually the reason why I bought the stock. You can add various rails and there is a single M-LOK slot on the bottom of the stock. I'm still working on how to mount a rear sling stud without it getting in the way. cheers, Giles

You could always use one of these in the rear QD point

By Grovtec they insert into the QD point and convert to a standard sling point, easy to remove too

Might be able to buy without bases

Screenshot_20230930_063758_Chrome.thumb.jpg.832fc38ae8c1eb8cd50466acaaa811bf.jpg

Thanks Ashcroft - I took a look at that along with one of the MDT pic rails that has a QR hole in it. This would require a rail longer than the bottom of the stock which would probably tend to catch on things and be a bit of a pain. My current plan is to put a short pic rail on the bottom of the stock and try and find a pic-qr sling stud (the pic being qr not the stud). I can then leave that adaptor on the sling and use the pic qr to attach it. going to have a good root through brownells and ant-supplies!  cheers, Giles

54 minutes ago, farmer_giles said:

oh - I took a look on mine and there isn't one. I'm thinking of screwing in a stud into the solid plastic section towards the back of the stock, possibly even on the side. 

They must have changed the design  what a pain. This was mine not a great photo for the rear but you should be able to see the qd point, took my sling point well

I had a qd point fitted to the front using one of the existing screw holes and then drill and tap a second by someone who knew what they were doing. Saw the idea form a US forum post

FB_IMG_1696170483921.jpg.a57491fe9bf071eb32475f18ae4eb62d.jpgFB_IMG_1696170496063.jpg.fb8dc62385d70d7bc53dc3ca7815d650.jpg

Personally id go with the Master Piece Arms (MPA) competition chassis. It has been for years, and continues to be, the #1 chassis system used by the top PRS shooters. 
They support Tikka T3 actions.

I have one of these with my Impact Precision and it’s very well made and has all the features you want already built in!

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-competition-chassis-2/

Looked at the AI ATX chassis and think the front part of the stock may be too long for my 20” barrel with a wildcat compact mod . Spuhr do one with a 13” front stock for this reason. Wouldn’t want to butcher a brand new piece of alloy with a hacksaw lol

On 10/1/2023 at 3:33 PM, ashcroft said:

They must have changed the design  what a pain. This was mine not a great photo for the rear but you should be able to see the qd point, took my sling point well

I had a qd point fitted to the front using one of the existing screw holes and then drill and tap a second by someone who knew what they were doing. Saw the idea form a US forum post

FB_IMG_1696170483921.jpg.a57491fe9bf071eb32475f18ae4eb62d.jpgFB_IMG_1696170496063.jpg.fb8dc62385d70d7bc53dc3ca7815d650.jpg

Thanks Ashcroft - looks sensible!