NRA Armoury, Bisley: GGG .308 155gr Match ammo available?

I'm off to Bisley tomorrow (13.5.23), and my supply of GGG 155gr. Match ammo for .308 is critically low.

I was planning to purchase more from the NRA Armoury on camp, but I now note that their price/availability list doesn't mention this ammo.

Can anyone who's been recently confirm that it's out of stock?

maximus otter

2 hours ago, Durham Shooter said:

I was there in March, GGG I believe is being kept for competition use for ammo supplied events. Picked up some Hornady A Max black 155 grain for club use, people who used it rate it highly, not cheap at £125 per 100.

I would said £1.25 a round for A-max is pretty cheap. 

1 hour ago, Deserttech Europe said:

Yes it is

Thanks for that. l found out yesterday when l visited. (Although the price had gone up from £19 when l first bought it recently to £26 now…)

maximus otter

15 minutes ago, maximus otter said:

BTW: The NRA just got round to replying to my email, only four days after I sent it, and only three days after my Bisley visit.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

maximus otter

Why not just pick the phone up and ring them instead. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:20 AM, Roy W said:

Why not just pick the phone up and ring them instead. 

Because:

a) I've got Vivaldi's Four Seasons on CD, and I don't need to listen to it as Hold music until someone deigns to pick up, and;

b) Email is convenient for the recipient: he can answer at his leisure, rather than perhaps interrupting a task, and;

c) They provide an email address and should use it.

maximus otter

5 hours ago, maximus otter said:

Because:

a) I've got Vivaldi's Four Seasons on CD, and I don't need to listen to it as Hold music until someone deigns to pick up, and;

b) Email is convenient for the recipient: he can answer at his leisure, rather than perhaps interrupting a task, and;

c) They provide an email address and should use it.

maximus otter

You forgot d) It gives me a chance to moan online    🤣😂🤣

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, Roy W said:

You forgot d) It gives me a chance to moan online    🤣😂🤣

Little harsh.

We know email isn't immediate but surely they can have someone respond in the morning to whatever came in the previous day? I've had cases where there's NEVER been a reply.

I have had club members ask the price of ammo before going to Bisley  and they then quote the NRA prices as being cheaper  than me . Then ask if i have bought any with me when the shop has either non left or increased the price .

8 hours ago, GavinM said:

Little harsh.

We know email isn't immediate but surely they can have someone respond in the morning to whatever came in the previous day? I've had cases where there's NEVER been a reply.

True, I emailed then about ammo availability before the Imperial and never got a reply.