Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Range bag - what are you using?


Recommended Posts

I did use the search option but didn’t find any other threads. Therefore, what range bag are you using? I am currently using a rucksack, just it isn’t that easy to find anything, therefore looking for a range bag – what would you recommend?

 Need to carry the usual: first aid kit, headphones, ammunition, waterproofs, small soft rear bag, flask, snacks, FAC wallet, notepad, pens, stapler, A4 waterproof folder, etc.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick search for “range bags” will throw up a myriad of bags and manufacturers covering a wide range of prices, capacities and features such as 5.11, Orca, Rangemaxx etc. 

My personal favourites remains “Maxpedition” I have three, but admittedly they are not the cheapest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ballistol said:

A quick search for “range bags” will throw up a myriad of bags and manufacturers covering a wide range of prices, capacities and features such as 5.11, Orca, Rangemaxx etc. 

My personal favourites remains “Maxpedition” I have three, but admittedly they are not the cheapest.

Always helpful to get a users opinion, sometimes just buying a name isn't the best option.However, I am a fan of Maxpedition kit. If you have three, all the same or different, also which ones do you use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have three AIM drag bags which are great but I've moved on to an Eberlestock G3 Phantom.

It gets all those things you itemised into it and more and also a rifle.

It's a bit of a lump once loaded but it keeps everything in place so no chance that I'll leave anything behind.

Regards

Monkey of the Sea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, SeaMonkey said:

I have three AIM drag bags which are great but I've moved on to an Eberlestock G3 Phantom.

It gets all those things you itemised into it and more and also a rifle.

It's a bit of a lump once loaded but it keeps everything in place so no chance that I'll leave anything behind.

Regards

Monkey of the Sea

I too use an AIM bag in addition to the rucksack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Always helpful to get a users opinion, sometimes just buying a name isn't the best option.However, I am a fan of Maxpedition kit. If you have three, all the same or different, also which ones do you use? “


I use two Maxpedition MPB, one green and one FDE both with different load outs for both indoor and outdoor ranges where I need different kit. I find it easier to just grab the right bag according to where I’m going rather than load and unload a single bag every time I go. 
Similarly, I use a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack when hunting again pre loaded with the specific equipment I’m likely to need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an Eberlestock Little Brother which was a cracking backpack for range use with both top and front opening.

However the scabbard for rifle carriage wasn't ideal for range use. So I've moved to a Eberlestock Sniper Sled and re purposed an old 5.11 Rucksack for carrying first aid, wet/cold gear etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

I have one of these in 52":

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/ridgeline-tactical-sniper-drag-bag-47-inch

It comes with a removable rucksack

Pete

 

I have one of these too but I find I still need to take a second bag as I can't fit everything in, but it's still a very good bag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lewiscooke said:

I have one of these too but I find I still need to take a second bag as I can't fit everything in, but it's still a very good bag. 

Agreed, I take an AIM bag and a rucksack and looking to replace the rucksack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, T65 said:

I use one of these as a range bag. Lots of space and water proof. Plus really cheap for what it is.

https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/carp-coarse-fishing-tackle-bag-insulated-holdall-quality-ngt/

Plenty to choose from.

https://www.ngtdirect.co.uk/ngt-luggage?page=4

Thanks. Tried to purchase https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/carp-coarse-fishing-tackle-bag-insulated-holdall-quality-ngt/, however had problems with the website (both PayPal and credit card). Maybe my security software was stopping payment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, geek said:

Thanks. Tried to purchase https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/carp-coarse-fishing-tackle-bag-insulated-holdall-quality-ngt/, however had problems with the website (both PayPal and credit card). Maybe my security software was stopping payment?

Plenty of other people selling them. You could try your local fishing shop if online fails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, geek said:

Thanks. Tried to purchase https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/carp-coarse-fishing-tackle-bag-insulated-holdall-quality-ngt/, however had problems with the website (both PayPal and credit card). Maybe my security software was stopping payment?

I too bought the same bag for lumping various bits of stuff (rear bags, ammo, torx wrench, kestrel etc etc). I use it in addition to the AIM bags I use…which are very helpful (especially using backpack straps).

The above fishing bag I bought off Amazon I think. 
its been really good, especially when it rains as the central compartment stays dry inside. 
But I’ve found the zip recently went. I think I just overloaded it. 
my next purchase will be a 4x wheel folding trolly/buggy. Easier on the shoulders of carrying two rifles plus mat plus range bag etc etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

I too bought the same bag for lumping various bits of stuff (rear bags, ammo, torx wrench, kestrel etc etc). I use it in addition to the AIM bags I use…which are very helpful (especially using backpack straps).

The above fishing bag I bought off Amazon I think. 
its been really good, especially when it rains as the central compartment stays dry inside. 
But I’ve found the zip recently went. I think I just overloaded it. 
my next purchase will be a 4x wheel folding trolly/buggy. Easier on the shoulders of carrying two rifles plus mat plus range bag etc etc. 

https://www.ngtdirect.co.uk/product-page/dynamic-carp-trolley  

 

these work well and fold up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

I too bought the same bag for lumping various bits of stuff (rear bags, ammo, torx wrench, kestrel etc etc). I use it in addition to the AIM bags I use…which are very helpful (especially using backpack straps).

The above fishing bag I bought off Amazon I think. 
its been really good, especially when it rains as the central compartment stays dry inside. 
But I’ve found the zip recently went. I think I just overloaded it. 
my next purchase will be a 4x wheel folding trolly/buggy. Easier on the shoulders of carrying two rifles plus mat plus range bag etc etc. 

I have purchased the fishing bag from Amazon, if it's OK I will buy another for my son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, T65 said:

I use one of these as a range bag. Lots of space and water proof. Plus really cheap for what it is.

https://ngtonline.co.uk/shop/luggage/carp-coarse-fishing-tackle-bag-insulated-holdall-quality-ngt/

Plenty to choose from.

https://www.ngtdirect.co.uk/ngt-luggage?page=4

I eventually purchased NGT Green Insulated Fishing Bag - NGT Online from Amazon, seems ideal for the money. 

Thanks for the recommendation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using a tool bag made by Metabo - in black.  They come in green/black too.  I found that lots of these bags had no hard base - so if you put heavy stuff in them, they sagged - and also were not designed to carry weight.

 

With a tool bag - I can put 20kg of stuff in there, no problem - and it has a solid base.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy