USEER788 is a scammer

Got a reply to a wanted ad from USEER788. Had what I was looking for, fair price and even dropped by 30 quid after a bit of haggling. Photos sent through and the item looked great.

Said he’d prefer PayPal F&F and as he had only 12 posts in two years of membership, I asked for a copy of his driving licence as ID. No problem at all and a photo came through. 

Driving licence was a fake. I’ll not detail the mistakes in it, but clear to see if you know what you’re looking for. 

His email address has been identified as being used by a scammer on RFD Smith & Wesson forum also, after a quick google search. 

Yup I messaged admin about him after he got in touch through a wanted add of mine for a T3x action. 

Alarm bells started to ring, so I played him along until I told him I was walking away and contacted admin about him. 

Can painfully attest to this he did the same to me replied to a wanted ad received money to his partners  PayPal account .Denied receiving it eventually admitted it .Lied about posting item . Is now in hands of fraud department at the bank .  Just be aware gents . 

Yep he is a scammer. He contact me via wanted adds for a vortex viper I wanted. He sent me pics, but not directly and offered it me for £420 which was cheap, but he wrote he is “Cornwall UK” and the UK bit I thought was odd so I ignored him. Also it seemed too cheap. Fortunately I left it. And thank you ColinBR for making me aware too before I parted with any money. 

Due diligence before parting with cash. Check to see how many posts they have have. How long they've been on the forum and whether they have sold anything else before sending cash 

If you have lost money to this person, please please please report the incident to Action Fraud. I got done out of a pretty large sum of money in a similar way (albeit through a Gunstar advert) and reported it to both normal police and Action Fraud. It was investigated and Merseyside Police followed it up with me. The offender was charged and this all happened pretty quickly. Clearly if this person is outside of the UK it is a different story but it is still worth reporting it. Something actually does happen about it.

Count yourself very lucky!

Action fraud have been absolutely useless in my case ..even having all the proof ..nothing was ever done..except receiving an acknowledgement and as far as I am concerned it was merely a paper trail/exercise for their own stats and try to pacify us law abiding mortals ..basically a green light to criminals in the knowledge..it’s okay to carry on regardless.

The easiest way may well be to speak to the bloke in person as one member pointed out . 

If your a genuine seller you shouldn't have a problem with a member discussing it with you . Ive bought and sold with numerous lads in here and never had a problem .Awful its come to this but these scum bags have obviously found a niche . The friends and family only carry on is now a red flag , bank to bank may be the better option  . I for one will now go into far more detail with anyone I ever do business with . 

• 3 weeks later...

With the best will in the world Admin can't really do much other than remove the offender  which in some cases is detrimental to any case being built against the scammer

We do ask for members to fill in their profile before posting ads but its all down to good will which obviously is non existent if you're on the fiddle

We do also ask for 10 MEANINGFUL posts which is a rule being sorely tested by a few at the minute  who are obviously here to use the classified section.

Suggest when buying if its not from a member with a decent track record do a bit of digging.For example how many posts they have in different sections and are their posts there to simply up their count

4 hours ago, Wsm said:

Suggest when buying if its not from a member with a decent track record do a bit of digging.For example how many posts they have in different sections and are their posts there to simply up their count

Most sensible.  It's what I do and I'd encourage anyone to check me out first too.  It may also encourage some decent discussion content on the forum other than 'for sale' stuff.