What else do you do......

1967spud

When you arn't out shooting or cleaning guns what else do you get up to? Hobbies like..........

Personally i like online gaming and watching dvd's oR may be a touch of fly or carp fishing.

Mark

Cant beat abit of fly fishin! not that i get alot of time to do it, setting up as a self employed agricultural drainage contractor, and with the wet summers we've been havin im gettin alot of work lined up, just need to get the machinery running propperly and then all hells gonna break lose, they'll be coils of pipe all over southwest scotland hahaha! Not really a hobby as such, but i enjoy it all the same!

Guest Sprags

When I'm not shooting, cleaning guns, fishing, running my dog or watching hunting dvd's I take part in my new love....................... reloading!!! :angry:

Regards,Sprags

Im the same as sprags if im not shooting im reloading. But if im doing neither of those i will either be on the golf course or on my MTB in the woods. And if i dont want to go out a bit of PS3 online goes down well.

Sean.

All I do these days is shoot, driven pheasants etc 18-20 days a year. I did a few days picking up last winter with my Lab but am at present also in the throws of setting up a new buisness having sold the old one last year so a lot of shooting will go out the window this year.

I used to course fish a bit (for anything that came along !!, I am not proud!!) but gave that up when the kids came along and I retired from playing cricket about 16 years ago having played and coached club level stuff for 30 years.

A

Most of my time is spent handloading or shooting but if ain't doing that I could be out riding my downhill mountain bike, be doing it for the last 15 years and after a couple of years break I have a renewed interest in it, broken bones to follow! Also being a joiner by trade I make furniture from time to time when people ask I make some money at it but it really is just a hobby too and a nice change from my day to day joinery work and I still get to play with wood and use my fancy workshop.

Until i get my reloading bench up and running i,

Spend far too much time on here (so my other half keeps saying) and other shooting sites

Power kiting/buggying/landboarding with my dad

Here he is with his buggy

P1040833.jpg

Here's me trying Kitesurfing on holiday last year

P1050629.jpg

Photography of anything, but the grandchildren seem to taking up all the space on my memory card.

Playing the didgeridoo

bit of a magician

reading shooting related books

when the weather is not so good watching shooting dvd's

Coarse/Fly/Carp fishing/ summer sea fishing

Golf (not played for a while though)

"Power kiting/buggying/landboarding with my dad"

"Photography of anything, but the grandchildren seem to taking up all the space on my memory card."

Bloody hell kip, if you have g. children and your dad is still landboarding.

mark

well other than the the rifles i like a bit of

a wander with the 20 bore

fly fishing but im a novice and never done anything other than stocked ponds :lol:

sea fishing but no where near enuff

and im a qualified scuba diving instructor been diving 16 years and do alot off of our coast here NE o scotland....now diving with closed circuit rebreathers and trimix gases

sauer

If I'm not shooting or working on the farms, then I'm on the water training or racing in my sea kayaks.

Getting ready to play on the bow/stern waves.

post-200-1239885697_thumb.jpg

Just about to start a 30 mile offshore race around the Eddystone Lighthouse. This race took just under 6 hours non-stop and I won by 13 seconds :lol: !

post-200-1239885712_thumb.jpg

(pictures by Mark Rainsley)

I used to play Saturday and Sunday footy as well as cricket, tennis and squash.

These days my attentions have turned to shooting when I'm not working ( although work is a hobby, or at least that's what I keep trying to kid myself) if I'm not shooting or working I'm probably reloading or planning another rifle build!

Two other passions besides shooting;

Photography

Mountain Biking

Also used to train in Iado and Jujitsu, but had to give them up due to injuries sustained training! (jujitsu)

Love flying model heli's, but hate it when they land as it invariably costs money for spares :lol:

This is of course besides spending time with the family ;)

Bikes, Norton Commando 850, Moto Guzzi Le Mans, BMW R1150GS, and a TY175 twinshock trials. I used to race Yamaha 250/350 in the 70's. I'm a keen angler but pheasant rearing, fox and deer take the vast majority of my free time now, that's if I don't forget my dogs and the wifes horses.

Pete.

Shooting , shooting and more shooting.

In the winter I like deer stalking and lamping and in the summer I like varmint hunt and pigeon shooting( Had just over 350 in the last 3 weeks) over decoys. I also like the dog work. I hunt with the Beagles and Fox hounds.

I use to course whippets with the whippet coursing club but I do not have a running dog at the moment.

I like drinking, eating curry, and shagging. :D

yea but i bet you cant do all three at the same time mate

mark

I made a new years resolution to get out with the rifles at least twice a week, which I seem to do most weeks. I am also just getting into reloading and I have the bug already so I'm sure that will take up most of my time in the evenings.

I joined a small pheasant shoot 3 years ago and bought a couple of labs, I found I enjoyed working the dogs more than the shooting and to be honest I'm not very good with the shotgun so now I spend more time picking up than shooting.

Other than that I'm a self employed picture framer, so the rest of my time revolves around work and the family.

Oh and a nice glass of red wine :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

post-6028-1239908128_thumb.jpg

"Power kiting/buggying/landboarding with my dad"

"Photography of anything, but the grandchildren seem to taking up all the space on my memory card."

Bloody hell kip, if you have g. children and your dad is still landboarding.

mark

Yep, my kids are 22 and 19, i started early.....

Archived