Annealing

colin jalland

Defo after....the whole point of annealing is to make the brass take sizing with consistency as well as hopefully prolong it's useful life.

if you anneal (stress relieve) after sizing the dimensions will change anyway.

As above, anneal then size then load.

As someone does my annealing on an AMP sometimes they've  only been cleaned on tge outside and a bronze brush span in the neck and sometimes they've had a full prep..

It depends on if I hand them over after the shoot is over or bring the with me for annealing..

If they've been prepped then there annealed I run them over the custom ground neck tension mandrel before loading..

I doubt it makes any difference as sometimes there annealed every firing sometimes twice so the brass will still be supple..

If I did my own then I too would clean,anneal and resize.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, DaveT said:

Defo after....the whole point of annealing is to make the brass take sizing with consistency as well as hopefully prolong it's useful life.

Your exactly right! The whole point to anneal is making brass less work hardened and last longer. I have managed 10 shots from Winchester brass in 22-250 loaded right to the max, they would go more if the primer pockets had not started to loosen.