which die's

Swarovski1

Hi all

after my recent bad luck getting 2 faulty forster br die sets and no response from forster from my recent emails about another replacement die and some new brass, i given them plenty of time to reply and they havent bothered,obviously ignoring them so now they can GFT, I shall be ringing hannams monday and ask for my money back for the die's and money ive wasted for postage,my question is, which make of 6.5x47 dies should I go for, what type of die and why.cheers swaro

I'm running bog standard redding FL and neck sizing dies for my .308 and .260.

Never had an issue. If you want more control, redding do bushing dies......

Will give you a ring when hannams give me my money back spud, generally speaking what bush would you use on lapua 6.5x47 brass to fl and what neck tension would that be, still havent looked at the 284 redding bushing die lol, never used a a micrometre seating die either.

Thanks for the link John.maybe it is time to move on from just the standard fl sizing dies.like I said before I've always seemed to be able to get superb accuracy from my loads but with the different system make them better even if it a consistantcy factor.i can't dump £180 worth of brass so I've got to try a few first.would it be ok to run these 7mm necks through a 6.5 bushing die without any fears of doing anymore damage.

I rang hannams in the week and asked for another die and some replacement brass or my money back and my postage costs.they said they were waiting to hear from forster.i said that's no good to me.ive got a new rifle and no dies or brass.emailed forster again and yet again no reply.i am not buying another die but i will have to buy some more brass to go on with.any thoughts on what should I do.

Yeah I expect you are spud, jeez I am not made of money and I dont want to end up with 2 die sets for a 6.5x47 and lose alot of money selling one, I need my money back from hannams, it cost me over £20 in postage, the initial postage when I bought them and 2 lots returning them, if I dont wait for forsters reply I may end up going the loser on the brass too, you need to reply to my texts too, as ive your attention what dies do you suggest I go for.....?

Forster is not an option, they obviously cant make them very well anymore it seems grrrrrrrrr

Swaro hi mate , iv tried lots of different manufacturer dies , lee collet dies work great , iv had some Redding FL ones that were crap , but up until a couple of years ago ill only use Redding type S bushing dies , they produce ammo at worst 1 thou runout - BUT there expensive ! probably not much help sorry

Archived