i'm prety sure i saw the egg flintching from some close calls .vince and jeanette very selflessly did not shoot but gave their time to put on a fantastic day, thanks to both.i was trying a new load that shows great promise through a mik at dolphin build that as usual is stunningly accurate.thanks for another tak driver mik just a shame my bi-pod fell off so i had to shoot of a pile of rubble lol.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Triggersqueezer

Thanks to Vince and Jeanette for an excellent day - the weather was superb too.

Very well attended as usual, a few pics from the day:

Waiting for a turn on the Egg

Stiller 300 Winny on the right and my AX 6.5 x 47 on the left

IMG_4079_zpsjjkycmxv.jpg

IMG_4080_zpsi9i2in6y.jpg

Egg Target with initials of where the fall of shot was....some very very close

IMG_4081_zps4qfgnvx7.jpg

Nothing fantastic, my own gopher, pleased with the 300 (green) and 500 yard groups, no idea what happend at 100.(red). Though I need to re evaluate my drop table....for this rifle.

IMG_4082_zpsonyfsp8w.jpg

It was a pretty tricky wind (as usual)

What was the wind doing exactly, its looking a right to lefter going by reading the target, looks like g ja was only possible hit with the shot being bang on line just a little high, I had 4 cubs with consecutive shots at nearly 400yds last night, missed the last shot on the 5th one, had a job to see in the last light, wound the mag down and it was a small target if it was it, couldnt find it.

Well done to Triggersqueezer and my thanks to the organisers.

My first time entering this comp and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Does anyone know where/when the scores will be posted?

I'll be doing a write-up with pics very soon - check out Target Shooter Facebook page.

Yes another excellent comp. Thanks to Vince and Jeanette for ROing. Excellent shooting from Mike, very well done.

What made the day for me was seeing the youngsters having a go, enjoying it and shooting well especially the young lady who shot the 300yd group. Everyone involved in that venture is to be congratulated, Brilliant!

I know a few of UKVers like to know about who shot what etc. at the Egg Shoot.

Here's the list of cartridges used: 308 - 14, 223 - 8, 6BR - 5, 6.5x47 - 4, 260 - 7, 65.-284 - 2, 243 - 2, 300WM - 1, 7mm (includes 284, 7-08 & SAUM) - 6.

Here's what the top ten used - in order: 284, 7mm, 260, 6.5x47, 7mm, 243, 223, 300WM, 6.5-284, 308. Not much of a pattern there - except where are the 'sixes'?

Small groups at 100 and 300yds were shot with a 284 and at 500 yds with a 260Rem. But, one of the Rascals shot a 0.336 incher at 100 yds with a 223 factory Savage!

Really, the only thing we can say is probably what we already knew - almost any cartridge will do it, provided it is in the hands of a good shooter with an accurate rifle!

I'll see your paltry 500yd egg shoot that no one hit and raise it by 730yds

Nancy at the Midland Shooting Centre, Ireland

"Today we had a clay and egg shoot from 1230 yards at the Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland. I hit a clay on my 6th shot and then 2 shots later I hit the egg. It was hard but a lot of fun."13315237_10154194392010349_4183589319794

13344510_10154194392015349_1354769292425

That would be Nancy Tomkins,NRA champion?

I don't know how she would compare to the average CSR shooter,of course.Better bipedes,for sure.

gbal

Yes,

I've shot with her and Sherri.

Both are known to shoot Service Rifle with just a sling from time to time, you know....the proper way <_<

Yes,

I've shot with her and Sherrri.

Both are known to shoot Service Rifle with just a sling from time to time, you know....the proper way <_<

Slings? Is that something to do with the love of wearing bondage gear or perhaps an item you buy from those Ann Summers shops? :D :D :D

PS. I used to shoot with just a sling and enjoyed it.

Slings? Is that something to do with the love of wearing bondage gear or perhaps an item you buy from those Ann Summers shops? :D :D :D

Despite Goliath's fate,the sling alone is over-rated.

A CSR,eg,has a distinct advantage.

Some prefer an accurate rifle when there aren't any giants.

There may even be both ( ie accurate CSR).

But scriptures seem,at best,ambiguous.

g

It's what you order when at the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel, Singapore

Archived