WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COPPER SOLVENT

Another one of those question where I hope to get an answer from alot of you , I have been using Wipeout and Patchout and have found it pretty good but I am thinking of trying Butches Bore Shine :wub:

Another one of those question where I hope to get an answer from alot of you , I have been using Wipeout and Patchout and have found it pretty good but I am thinking of trying Butches Bore Shine :wub:

hi

i use KG1 for the powder fouling (nothing i have tried beats it for powder fouling,and it does move a bit of copper)

all so i use butcher bore shin as it is a dual cleaner, (you can mix this with kroil 50 / 50 and this is meant to be good as well)

and barns CR10 if barns can not get the copper out nothing will. (only leave it in the barrel as long as the instructions say,it is very strong) i use it to make sure my bore is clean.

JMO

ATB

Colin :lol:

Montana extreme 50 bmg.

my finding are

Kroil for getting the powder out as it very searching

Butches Bore Shine for the copper

for a really good clean when your barrel is firecracked or for someones rifles which has never had a proper clean theres only 1 Barnes CR10

never been a fan of the KG stuff,the copper remover you cant see if its fetched it all out the KG powder remover is fine but if you already use Kroil why bother buying something else

Got to admit ,

This is what i use / first soak then scrub with Kroil , then wet the bore with some Butches!!!

When i patch out after the butches - not a sign of copper!!! :D;)

I know its a personal method , but i have used these solvents and method in my 6PPCs / 243 Ackley and my 6.5-284 with the same results!!!

Job done!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best......................

RAY............................... ;) ;)

Butchs is OK especially on carbon. I use it to wet the bore and take the carbon out. Then in with TM Solution and let it stand for 20 -30 minutes. Patch out and the jobs done.

I did find when I first used it that TM fetched Copper out after Butchs showed clean.

For a really badly fouled barrel I resort to Wipe Out, bit messy but it does the job.

A

Got to admit ,

This is what i use / first soak then scrub with Kroil , then wet the bore with some Butches!!!

When i patch out after the butches - not a sign of copper!!! ;) ;)

I know its a personal method , but i have used these solvents and method in my 6PPCs / 243 Ackley and my 6.5-284 with the same results!!!

Job done!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best......................

RAY............................... :D;)

i have seen rays"personal method" DISGUSTING!!!! :);):D:D:D

i have seen rays"personal method" DISGUSTING!!!! ;)B):D

B);):D :D :lol: :lol: very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was using shooter choice copper remover until i got a can of their extreme clean, its a foamy type spray. This has halved the patches that are needed to clean my rifles!

Totaly reccomended

• 1 month later...

one of the best iv tried is forrest bore foam leave in over night is pos it really is cracking stuff and gets to work the moment you put it down your barrell and will remover the carbon and copper all in one go and your patchs come out black , very good to use if you have a stainless steel barrell as it wont eat it away ,its on par with sweets 7.62 but sweets will eat your barrell if left in for too long, cracking stuff though very fast acting just like the forrest bore foam but SS barrells dont like sweets 7.62 if left in for too long so dont over do it on time if your useing sweets..iv used butcher bore shine mixed with kroil 50 / 50 and it will remove the carbon but its crap on the copper removel really ..try abit on a old penny nothing seems to happen unlike the forrest bore foam and sweets 7.62 it start in a few seconds and an old penny is clean in 20 seconds ..Tetra Copper Solvent dont use it no more as it did not remove the copper,

I have found KG12 to be good, the only problem is getting hold of their products over here as no-one seemed to stock them. I imported half a dozen bottles direct from the states and shared them out between a few friends. I must say I was pleased with the results.

Cheers

Neil

I have found KG12 to be good, the only problem is getting hold of their products over here as no-one seemed to stock them. I imported half a dozen bottles direct from the states and shared them out between a few friends. I must say I was pleased with the results.

Cheers

Neil

http://www.thegunshop.co.uk/kg_industries.htm

Archived