driving lessons, scary moments

rsc1960

sorry but I can not think of a title for this?

I have in the last few months got my oldest girl her first car,

now if that is not scary enough never mind the insurance costs :(. I had the pleasure of my first drive in her car with her driving,

so this is it,

total lessons so far 10,with a fully recognised instructor and company etc.

passes her theory first time :)

so I took the car and the oldest one with me to a local ex army test track (flat) so she could get used to her car after her instructors car is a new Corsa,

that went fine,

we drove around for about 20 minuets to sort the clutch take up point breaking and gear changes. and then the normal controls like indicators and alike.

that went fine.

so off we pop to Marlborough on the a 338, this was done to let her see that the towns are just one variant that she may come across, and on the way there was a few little scary moments that father and daughter handled better than expected, however this one has me worried.

I was informed by my daughter that push and pull as well as BOTH hands on the wheel at sort of 10 to 1 is not used nowadays????

shock horror, I had to ask my girl to talk to me with her mouth not her hands and could she keep both hands on the steering wheel when not used on things like indicating.

now this is one thing I had to agree to disagree with her over and I have yet to check it out with the instructor when he collects her this week for her next lesson.

are there any forum members who have kids having lessons and found this as well as other changes that may make me log on when out with her,

ps: she drove well considering her dad thinks he is the best driver ever. ;)

bob.

My 17 year old daughter passed her driving test last week now she takes great pleasure in counting how many major and minor faults i commit when I'm driving! I've usually failed "the test" within a mile or two!!

My 17 year old daughter passed her driving test last week now she takes great pleasure in counting how many major and minor faults i commit when I'm driving! I've usually failed "the test" within a mile or two!!

cheers Andy

I am so glad I am not the only one to have been told how much I am doing wrong phew

bob.

My two boys are 22 & 23. The 22 year old is a commercial pilot in the meantime and well used to operating cars & planes. Not much trouble with the driving license but blowing car engines.... went through a rake of cheap cars. The old Subaru Impreza's seem to hold up well now they both have one but only 1.6l.

Our daughter will turn 17 end summer, she drives my car on our property. No mercy for rose bushes etc. that will be fun.

edi

Just taken my eldest out for his first go behind the wheel on a disused WW2 runway locally.

All goes well until, changing into second and turning a bit too fast it all started to unravel, I had the same feeling as if in a dream and falling, it was happening and there was nothing I could do about it...... Bottom puckering - driving instructors must have steel gonads.

All good in the end! :)

T

Could be worae lads! I just today helped out at a road accident between a taxi and a boy on his test. Taxi wiped the learner out and left the examiner with a severe a case of Brownpantus and a bad case of whiplash. No one was seriously hurt though.

my lad passed today after 18 months of running him to work and back I am one happy man

chuffed for you. I cant wait until mum and dads taxi firm is no longer needed,

bob.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE....keep clear of highclere and Tidworth areas LOL

My oldest has just passed her test :)

well chuffed now that just getting her married off and I'll be happy....? only joking.

Bob.

Archived