The Shooting Show

farmer t

I went yesterday. Arrived at 7:30am. Doors opened at 8am. Early by 30mins half the stands were not prepared at all.

Straight to Schmidt & Bender to collect my scope from having the reticle changed. (Great service by them)

Then walked around and saw what I wanted.

Picked up an AIM 45 drag bag. MacWet gloves. Vortex scope.

Was gonna get a shotgun but my ticket didn't arrive in time. However it was on. My doormat when I got home!!!

Overall. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the rifle sales outlets. Most seemed to be focuses on shotguns and not much for us rifle shooters.

Still worth the visit and the £20 entry fee.

yeah went Friday, but a bit pissed off the guy wouldn't let me buy the spitfire, and I offered to drive it home lol, a great day met friends and spent my dosh it should be on twice a year , I love dogs but wouldn't take mine they get to stressed .

I was there yesterday and again today. I think it's like a lot of shows - a mixture of good and bad, although I suppose good and bad can be very subjective. I enjoyed it, anyway. I'm looking forward to next years show already! :)

Is the entrance still through the muddy track?

I might pop down in the morning but I'm not taking my shiny new Jag off road.

It was a little bumpy just after the bridge, but dry and firm. I managed it fine with my BMW, which is fairly low clearance.

yeah went Friday, but a bit pissed off the guy wouldn't let me buy the spitfire, and I offered to drive it home lol, a great day met friends and spent my dosh it should be on twice a year , I love dogs but wouldn't take mine they get to stressed .

Well - there's another Show in May at Harrogate and they already have a great set of exhibitors lined up.

Funny you should say that, I went to the Kelso stalking fair a few years ago wearing a bright yellow and blue north face jacket and everyone was looking at me like I was mad! I just can't understand it! Some folk must be trying to look like they're fresh off the hill mun! May aswell smear your face in blood and carry an unprepped trophy around with you! Lol. Each to their own though I suppose!

They were worried you were from Coldstream

Nope I sent mine direct to Schmidt and Bender in Germany and dealt with Klaus in the service department...

Instead of them posting it back I got them to take it to the show and collected it from Thomas one of there sales people...

Got to say very impressed with the service. changed from A7 to p3 mildot on a 4-16x50 Klassik. went in with no Side logos on it only one on top, they put a new eyepiece on and engraved it as if it were new....

Archived