Drone pro or pulsar n870 ?

Which one is best , sounds like the drone but are they available ...

Don't hold your breath!

If and when the new batch arrives,first choice is given to the people that paid for the last one but had a refund as they were sent back to usa.

Might be a long wait.

dave

Not available currently but if you register on the mailing list you will get an email when they are in stock. Be quick with your credit card and you should have one a few days later

I have both DPs my mate has the 870 he wishes he'd waited for a drone its a no brainier were out all year round . Both need the nm800 fitted to get the best out of them. So does the 870.

• 2 weeks later...

got both drones,

the first one is for sale as I'm using the new one as of Monday next week nothing wrong with my old one I just wanted the new one,

IMO I think it's the best digital rifle,scope on the market, I have been trying to get used to a thermal spotter but find it hard to use as my eyes for some reason don't like the display, but the drone is cracking,

stick a t67 on it and you will be amazed, I use the sunnranger as I have neck issues and need to keep,the weight down but I still,shoot out past 350 yards with the first drone and hope to do,the same with the new one,

Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats this Snipercam system I see on the market, looks like it just converts your everyday sight to NV. Mind it only looks like one guy trading from what appears to be his house is behind the product. Is SNIPERCAM a comparable product ?. I hasten to add I know very little about NV having been badly caught maybe 20 years ago.

A

Whats this Snipercam system I see on the market, looks like it just converts your everyday sight to NV. Mind it only looks like one guy trading from what appears to be his house is behind the product. Is SNIPERCAM a comparable product ?. I hasten to add I know very little about NV having been badly caught maybe 20 years ago.

A

Sniper cam is not in the same league as the Drone.

Snipercam is an "add-on" in that it temporarily fits onto the end of your existing scope for use at night while still allowing the use of the scope as normal for daytime shooting.

DIY add-ons are common in the NV community and are the cheapest way to get into night vision shooting.

The best of these add-ons is the Ward D-700

The Drone Pro is a "dedicated" sight - i.e it is fitted permanently onto the rifle.

It's night vision performance is as good as it gets for a digital system and it's dawn and dusk performance knocks high end riflescopes like Swaro and Zeiss out of the park.

However, for daytime use it's not as good as a traditional glass riflescope, although perfectly usable.

If you want to learn about Night Vision as it applies to shooting then I strongly suggest you go to http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/index.php

Cheers

Bruce

Sniper cam is not in the same league as the Drone.

Snipercam is an "add-on" in that it temporarily fits onto the end of your existing scope for use at night while still allowing the use of the scope as normal for daytime shooting.

DIY add-ons are common in the NV community and are the cheapest way to get into night vision shooting.

The best of these add-ons is the Ward D-700

The Drone Pro is a "dedicated" sight - i.e it is fitted permanently onto the rifle.

It's night vision performance is as good as it gets for a digital system and it's dawn and dusk performance knocks high end riflescopes like Swaro and Zeiss out of the park.

However, for daytime use it's not as good as a traditional glass riflescope, although perfectly usable.

If you want to learn about Night Vision as it applies to shooting then I strongly suggest you go to http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/index.php

Cheers

Bruce

Thanks, you never stop learning although I am minded that shooting foxes using NV when they have no idea you are there is a bit like shooting rats in a barrel unless there is a livestock killing issue.

An odd fox on any ground is fine as long as it is only an odd one.

A

The thing is S W Shooter, with using a digital scope you can use a screen in your truck and the driver can watch what you are doing, I have the pulsar 870 with range finder on it. with this set up you can see fox,s, two to three hundred yards no problem, mind you I put the pulsar double lens on it and bingo clear as a bell.

The thing is S W Shooter, with using a digital scope you can use a screen in your truck and the driver can watch what you are doing, I have the pulsar 870 with range finder on it. with this set up you can see fox,s, two to three hundred yards no problem, mind you I put the pulsar double lens on it and bingo clear as a bell.

Good point but image quality is much sharper with G2+ , I `m usually on my own and on Shanks`s Pony with a Thermal imager in hand .

Don't agree with that

We all have our opinions but I have used both side by side on the same night in the field , it is generally accepted that some digital NVDs are slightly better than G1 but not as good as G2 or G2+.

well I have had a G 3 dedicated scope I also had a Pvs 14 that I sold to a forum member,

and to be honest I prepare the drone pro 10x with a sunnranger on top, then again I can't get on with thermal image spotters either I just find that the image from them is to rough around the edges,

as you say we all have our own opinions, so I'll stick to the drone pro.

Bob.

We all have our opinions but I have used both side by side on the same night in the field , it is generally accepted that some digital NVDs are slightly better than G1 but not as good as G2 or G2+.

Still don't agree sorry

Me neither :) tis funny though how the Mob dont use digital NV.

It's really not very difficult to work out why the mob don't use digital, may well come in the future though when much more sensitive sensors become availble.

Not used gen2 but use mk1and mk2 Drone all the time the advantage I would imagane is you can use the digital in day light rite up to when its dark. They beet any high end scope I've got for shooting in low light.the Drones are realy easy to zero but do need a good IR which some foxs do pick up on.

Archived