Which vehicle?

1967spud

Right i am in the market for a new ride, I'm wanting a 4WD alongs the lines of any thing from a Hilux double cab through to a RR sport, it willbe a new motor so im looking for replies that refelect the current models.

Problem is its going to be my main ride for when i go across the county target shooting so I'llbe taking 3 rifles all held in Aim 60" drag bag's with copious ammiounts of holdalls etc and possibly two passengers as well so this is where i need the help which vehicle s that you use will take 3-4 rifles in this size drag bag plus the extra bodies and gear

will a hilux type vehicle fit a 60 drag bag in the rear? can you get one across the back seat of a lange lover?

My AIM 60 will fit on the rear seat of my Disco 4, which is the same size as the old Sport, not so sure about the new one.

New RR's are lovely if you can afford it, I rate the Disco 4 as better value and almost as good but its coming to the end of its life now with a new model due next year, I rate them all as better to drive than any pick-up on the market

I have a Disco 4, bought new and now 2.5 years old. Love the vehicle itself, good off road(very good), good at long distance, very comfortable and loads of luggage space etc does 27mpg local and 34mpg long distance. Hate the high service costs, hate the fact Land Rover Assistance have been out to it more times than I can remember (although the tecs themselves have been excellent) and the main dealers are well, car dealers, nuff said.... I've had 7 Discoverys/Range Rovers in a row and i'm thinking a Land Cruiser might be worth a look at.

mmmm leather ive measured up a ford ranger custom today there is about an inch spare s thats on the liust

I have a Disco 4, bought new and now 2.5 years old. Love the vehicle itself, good off road(very good), good at long distance, very comfortable and loads of luggage space etc does 27mpg local and 34mpg long distance. Hate the high service costs, hate the fact Land Rover Assistance have been out to it more times than I can remember (although the tecs themselves have been excellent) and the main dealers are well, car dealers, nuff said.... I've had 7 Discoverys/Range Rovers in a row and i'm thinking a Land Cruiser might be worth a look at.

My Disco 4 is nearly 4 years old now and has done nearly 50,000 miles, the ONLY thing that has gone wrong with it since new is a DPF sensor, I have been to the Alps twice in it, serious off roading in Scotland and it is used almost daily off road as well, it has been just about perfect.

I have many friends with the same model and their stories are virtually the same, expect one that had a new gearbox at under 500 miles, to be fair I did still take the LR extended warranty just in case.

Aim 60 drag bag fits in double cab hi lux. If you get one make sure it's got a good back on it lots are not water proof. The aim 60 will not fit flat in a land cruiser unless you put the seat down

Toyota dealer says that Toyota's don't handle salt as Japan does not use it....hmm. Bet they don't put that in the brochure.

Toyota dealer says that Toyota's don't handle salt as Japan does not use it....hmm. Bet they don't put that in the brochure.

Sounds like **llox to me , they have between 6-12 year transferable body warranty https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

There are no better 4x4s on the UK market the those made by Toyota.

Sounds like **llox to me , they have between 6-12 year transferable body warranty https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

There are no better 4x4s on the UK market the those made by Toyota.

Unfortunately wear and tear the usual get out...3 sets of brake calipers and 2 sets of bills too.... PS i know their good i used to drive them for a living and i recommended they got a Toyota based on my experience...I now drive Landrover Disco 4's and Shoguns each have their own frailties and positives,

Anyhow back on topic all of Spuds options are lovely vehicles...be careful with the RR Sport the wheels look more street than off road. A work colleague has one and is the outdoory type person and he won't venture off road with his for fear of damaging them.

• 2 weeks later...

Only way to be sure is to tote the bags (empty !!) round the dealers and try 'em for size, which is what I did.

Measurements given in brochures were useless........................ doing this allowed me to avoid an expensive mistake, and disappoint a salesman.

Pete

Archived