How far

aam

Do you travel to a prize meeting?

Just wondering how many of you chaps travel to a fullbore or f/class shoots?

What would be the farthest? either in km/miles or hours.

I normally travel 45 min from my house to my club. I've done a few open prize meets, and they have been about 1hr to 1½ hrs away. Four of the clubs are close by.

Should mention that these opm's are held on a Sunday. The longest I've travelled was approx. 230 km to an opm. Would you travel 230 km for a day shoot?

One of the good things I like about going to opm's is seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

523.3 miles, from the Sarf coast to Blair Atholl. :o

Regular 220 miles each way to Bisley.

Crikey! You blokes clock up a fair few miles, and here I'm thinking 306km/190 miles was a crook old drive. :blush:

I tip my hat off to you.

To make the first CSR of the seasin I rearranged my travel and meetings so ended up doing approx 10850 air miles from Alaska to LHR then driving 26 miles to Bisley, shot the comps and drove above 200 miles home on Sunday evening to Cornwall.

To cover materials for the comp I shipped my rifle and shooting clothes to a very Helpful RFD who also was shooting the match and arranged ammo via another RFD, which I met with at Bisley

500 miles - pah! light weights :)

Terry

I do lincoln to bisley a few times a year. A round trip of 350 miles.

We could do with a good 300 600 range in centre of country some where. Getting to shoot long range means traveling some distance of me.

I just hope our range owner dose build the 300/500 meter indoor range he has been taking about this passed year.

As well as the travailing cost what do you pay to shoot for the day. It cost me around £120 one night stay over.

What would you pay to shoot at 300/500 fully enclosed indoor range at Lincoln.

Yep heading to Blair Atholl tomorrow for the weekends league shoot. It's 586 miles from Swansea!!

I regularly do the 360 mile round trip to Bisley for practice and comps.

Cheers

Dave.

the silver surfer and i regulay do a day return trip to diggle and back cica 400 miles from narspiral staircase

I do lincoln to bisley a few times a year. A round trip of 350 miles.

We could do with a good 300 600 range in centre of country some where. Getting to shoot long range means traveling some distance of me.

I just hope our range owner dose build the 300/500 meter indoor range he has been taking about this passed year.

As well as the travailing cost what do you pay to shoot for the day. It cost me around £120 one night stay over.

What would you pay to shoot at 300/500 fully enclosed indoor range at Lincoln.

As someone who lives north of Lincoln (if only by 12 miles) and travels to Bisley 8-9 times a year for club comps and practices a 300m/500m range would be worth a lot to me. Waking up at 0430 to be on the firing point at 0830 is not great, especially when it's just a morning practice. So to answer your question Andy, I'd be willing to pay up to £20/hr for range use. Let's hope Mr S gets building!!

Archived