Begara barrels

Interesting question......., will keep an eye on this but achieving significant results beyond 'I have one and it shoots 0.0001 groups' may be challenging!

I'm using more and more of them as the border situation arose.

These barrel are very good quality and shoot very well.

This week, i,ve fitted a Bartlien in 260, a border in 223, a cut border in 7-08 and a Bergara in 7mm rem mag.

The Bergara was by far the nicest barrel to chamber/machine. The steel is top quality and has no hard/soft spots. When the swarf comes off the reamer in ribbons, its good steel, and usually shoots well.

I fitted a couple when they first came into the country - didn't like em.

Though the favourable comments now would appear they have sorted their QC.

I may try another if asked for one.

How are people finding the accuracy of these barrels compared to premium barrels?

I believe you have shot this rifle Si, I bought it from Jonathan and it has a 1:9 Begara barrel that was fitted by Dave.

photo-7.jpg

Im still playing around with bullets and loads but it looks very promising, these were all 100yds. Sorry Im too tight to shoot 5 shot groups :blush:

40gr Hornady Vmax - N133 - Rem 7.5

photo3-1.jpg

55gr SBK - N133 - Rem 7.5, still need to fine tune it but number 2 looks promising.

photo4.jpg

55gr Hornady Vmax factory loads

photo2-1.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Im hopeful that there is still a bit more to come once I get the loads properly dialled in.

Yes, I would say they are repeatable Si, providing I do my bit.

Im going to do some OCW stuff at longer range today with 55gr Vmax so as to try and fine tune things, I will let you see the results.

What caliber are you considering?

Ive been using one on one of my tikkas for few yrs now and can not fault it, does what its suppose too.

IMG_2430_zps44bb3283.jpg

Its only 3 shots as thats all i do when i take the rifle out after i land in uk after 2 months away, quick test shoot to make sure its still grouping before using on vermin, and is repeatable and consistent.

Archived