Diggle's 1000 yard Gong Shoot

cracking day today , need bigger gongs though lol !! think Bruce might need a smaller one though ! conditions made it very interesting ! hope it's an annual thing now ?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dooty did you hit the gong 4 times?

Yeah, that was me, Daryl ?? (Sorry if that's no this name but met so many new people today and I am shocking with names) hit it four times as well

well done Dooty nice to meet you get that form filled in see you again soon and well done to the other guys who shot 4 gongs may not sound like a lot but in that wheather today it was good shooting and thanks to Vince well done and I still think your one was a lucky shot :D apart from shooting that which promotes growth and vigour which I blame on my spotter just joking Martin I really enjoyed it

Very enjoyable day, despite the weather.

Looked pretty do-able when getting sighting shots against similar sized plates against the sand backstop……..

Not so when they were in the plate hanger box.

Ace day though, good to see the regulars and loads of people from the site.

Thanks to Vince for organising the event for such a good cause.

Guys - you lot make me so proud to have you as shooting buddies. You are a great bunch! The weather was atrocious to say the least and attempted to spoil a good shoot - but, you didn't let it!

As always, good humor prevailed and we did a bit of good in raising some money for a good cause.

A sincere thanks to all who turned up and a big thanks to all those who donated prizes.

The 'gong shoot' format is pretty close but we'll tweak it for next year - with some bigger gongs?

I think everyone would be with me in saying its us that should be proud of you Vince and your team,

To organise a shoot like that and it beniefits a very worthy cause,,

"Good on ya that's what I would like to say"

Always nice to meet new faces and old,,

I would like to thank Jim, Mary and Bruce for spotting my shots,

The sand was that wet the bullets were not making much of a splash??

In those conditions I would of been happy to hit it once??

I think I got lucky,,,,

Hope that this is going to be a regular event on the Diggle calendar ?

Darrel

Even though I did not whack the gong it was a good day out, and I did not hear one person seriously moan or whinge about the weather either!

That is what makes Diggle a great place to shoot. Plus the 'winners medal / gong' was a brilliant idea and well done to Bruce for winning it.

Brilliant :D

Mik deserves a thank you for applying the gongs too

a pic with you proudly wearing it would be better so we can see how big the medal actually is

Sorry no can do for Health and Safety reasons........ But it's 8" diameter and pretty heavy.

Certainly would knock the spots off some of those 80's medallions

Several people were taking pics and videos of the shooting (sorry missing)

Hopefully there will be a few photos added as there were some interesting rifles there,,,,,,,including several with brakes, which were unpleasant even with protection, but hey, protection is always never as good eh...

Hopefully there will be a few photos added as there were some interesting rifles there,,,,,,,including several with brakes, which were unpleasant even with protection, but hey, protection is always never as good eh...

Ah,

I'll apologise for the 338, haven't shot it under cover before :blush:

Sorry if it pi$$ed anyone off.

Didn't upset anyone my friend, those with sensetive demeanours went outside, no problem at all.

Besides brakes and a steel shed never mix well anywhere..

Was nice to se someone with a 338, I miss mine….

:D

Ah,

I'll apologise for the 338, haven't shot it under cover before :blush:

Sorry if it pi$$ed anyone off.

so your the one.one of yesterdays lessons learnt was i need better ear protection.have to say i enjoyed watching that 338 in action though

Brilliant :D

Mik deserves a thank you for applying the gongs too

Yes - that steel was incredible Mik - that 338 took the gong clean off its mounting and slammed it into the back of the plate-box but not the slightest mark on the steel.

Archived