MQC Autumn 2013

oaken

Mendip Quarry Challenge Autumn 2013

Sunday the 6th October.

There are places available so if you would like to attend, drop me an email to oaken8@ymail.com

The cost is £38 and you will need a maximum of 80 rounds.

Location is in the Mendip, Somerset. (about 20mins South of Bristol)

Requirements. A fully open firearms certificate (ie no reference to the chief officer), recognised shooting insurance and your own moderated, sub HME rifle.

The aim of the day is to provide a safe, low cost and entertaining tactical shooting challenge in a rugged environment that has no manicured firing points or wind flags. ;-)

The course of fire will be as varied as possible with reactive steel gongs, firebirds and know your limits paper targets.

Payment in advance will be the only way to secure a place and there will be no spectators or additional helpers required.

Free rough camping on the Saturday night is available. The organisers will be having a bbq, all are welcome.

Places will be allocated on a first to pay basis.

Hope to see you there.

Rup

oaken8@ymail.com

O796834817O.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes please! Cheque is the post to you. Looking forward to it!

I will be coming up from West Cornwall, if anyone would like a lift or car share drop me a pm.

I have at last received acknowledgement from H4H of the summer MQC donation (event no 39130517 -0630 -6052) of £300 donated from the shakeytin along with several very generous cheques. And those who donated their entry fee when unable to attend.

Thank you all for your generosity. H4H appreciate every penny.

There are still a few spaces left for the next shoot.

This time invites have only been sent to those that have previously attended so, if you want to give it a go, you are very welcome, just drop me an email and I'll send you an invitation.

Cheers

Rup

Really looking forward to ,aking one of these soon Rup. Back at sea for this one, have a blinder.

All places for the quarry are now provisionaly spoken for.

Just waiting on confirmation (payment) from a few.

If I have neglected to send you payment details, drop me another email asap.

Cheers

Rup

• 2 weeks later...

MQC is now less than two weeks away.

There is a queue for reserve tickets so I need to receive payment from all that have already spoken for for a place by mid-day on Sunday 29th. Your place will be re-allocated on Sunday evening if I have not heard from you!

Cheers

Rup

• 2 weeks later...

well after a 4:30 start and then getting home at 11 o'clock i'm pretty tired but elated at improving on my last MQC place with a 4th this time!

A great day orgasnised by a great bunch of people and attended by a group of great competitors , what more could you ask for ?

there was some very generous prizes donated and i'm sure there has been a good amount raised for H4H

on a personal note does anyone know where i can get a green onesie ? i think it would be perfect for running about in the sun doing fire and movement! :D

I can't wait for the photos , there should be some great shots !

thanks guys

Russ

''on a personal note does anyone know where i can get a green onesie?'' Think Paddy stocks these now!

Great day out and many thanks to Rup & Co for all the hard work and good banter!

Awesome day out once again. Thanks to Rup et al for the large amount of time and effort put in, and for keeping the balance of challenging shooting to fun just right.

On a side note, the tactical onesie will be hitting the shops very soon..... Just you wait!

What an amazing day of shooting and banter! Good weather, too. This was my first MQC but won't be my last. The standard of shooting was impressive and the challenges were imaginative and fun.

Many thanks to Rupe, Pete, Rich and everyone involved in putting this on and making it run smoothly.

Thanks, too, to the generous sponsors, Dane & Co., Dauntsey's and DTA, who donated some great prizes. Paddy, you have made my year with that prize, very kind and more than makes up for the tactical dungies! Enjoyed your African anecdotes, too, you lucky SOB!

Here are a few crappy phone pics and vids; looking forward to seeing the proper ones. I've anonymised the pics to protect the tier, high-speed/low drag, secret-squirrel operators in them. The vids are unlisted on YouTube but anyone with the link can view it so think before you share it. If anyone wants a pic or vid removed, let me know and I'll gladly oblige (no reason needed.)

DTA challenge: Timed, unstable platform, arc:

null_zps0d740e95.jpg

Russ doing a slick job swapping shoulders to defeat the wobble of the unstable platform:

Link: (this link keeps disappearing?!)

Quad:

null_zps3d24df0d.jpg

The eventual winner, halfway through the Quad stage:

Barricade:

null_zps79eeec4c.jpg

Barricades:

Quad from start to finish 1min:

A fellow competitor and sponsor at the Hostage scenario: Firebird "bad-guy" positioned at top edge of a clay pigeon "hostage"-see diagram!

null_zpsdecb162f.jpg

Rupe and another shooter (can't see who) saving the hostage!

Firebird one shot challenge:

null_zps02e8498c.jpg

Pick two playing cards from a deck. Make ready but don't look through scope. From the moment you look through the scope, you have 90 seconds to find your corresponding cards on the far wall of the quarry and engage both cards with 5 rnds:

null_zpsa6f055d9.jpg

null_zpsf979e6fe.jpg

The results are announced:

null_zps0620d116.jpg

Winner of the DTA challenge:

null_zps1a8851ca.jpg

Winner of the Firebird one-shot:

null_zps7fbe361d.jpg

...and Overall winner, well done Mark:

null_zps29736068.jpg

null_zps9ec62bb0.jpg

Thanks again to everyone, I'm looking forward to next time!

Ben

I think it was a remmy in a smart frock ;-)

it was , and it was used extremely well ! if only i hadn't shot the hostage in the face it would have been a differnt story and it might have been me winning!

Archived