These Eberlstock bags then

maxxis35

I like the concept of these bags and may well go this route, at the same time I don't want too much bag with pockets and features I won't use.The Gunslinger seems to fit the bill or is there one I've overlooked, it does need to carry a gun also.

I like the concept of these bags and may well go this route, at the same time I don't want too much bag with pockets and features I won't use.The Gunslinger seems to fit the bill or is there one I've overlooked, it does need to carry a gun also.

The gun goes in the slip in the back of it, which can be detached if necessary

maxxis, I know you got a chorus of eberlestock approval when you mentioned eberlestock before.

Can I just offer one balancing opinion...... I had a gunslinger years back; it was the most uncomfortable fiddly rucksack I've ever owned. It also had the feel, finish and 'handle' of an Oswald Bailey 60 quid daysack. I think to a large extent, they are where they are in the market because there was a long time when they were all there was on the market.

If I was determined to spend heaps on a gunpack I'd be looking at Tasmanian Tiger or Mystery Ranch; hugely expensive, but you get what you're paying for.

....just saying, it isn't all roses with Eberlestock. :)

(Edited to add; If you can hack flecktarn; John MH was selling this: http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/18348-tasmanian-tiger-tt-range-pack-g82/?hl=tasmanian )

What do you require ? Surely an aim 50 or blackhawk drag bag would be ok ? They have rucksac straps and plenty of room in the pockets ?

range bag.... how about the good old plce day sack... holds a flask, ammo, wet kit, butties, tarp...

without looking gucci...

Just want a bag to put in a days shooting eating and drinking plus water proofs, putting the gun in the same bag sounds a good idea, you just can't pop down to your local shop to see one though. Like I said it only needs to be enough bag for the day,not something to kit you out for a zombie invasion.

I have an Eberlestock half Track which is my main range bag. It is used every week to carry all my shooting gear to and from the range. Strictly speaking, I do not need the harness for the distance involved, but the design and organisation inherent in the pack, make it work extremely well for my needs. My opinion is that the hype is justified by the design and construction.

When I go shooting all I want is a bag that can carry everything, and one bag will always be better than two.

That's why I like the Eberlestocks.

It's a decently sized rucksack with a gun slip that's integral.

I can get my rifle, ammo, mags, food and drink, waterproofs, cap, gloves, cleaning stuff, notebook and even spotting scope and stand in to it, and it still has room for more.

You can add pouches on the outside for more room or accessability, and it's well made.

It even has a waterproof cover.

Very happy with mine

What model would accommodate a AR15 20" barrel +2" brake and a Non collapsible PRS stock .I noticed some people using them At Diggle Had the barrel poking out of the top of the pack .It could be that they had just not zipped it up fully ?

Cheers Mick

What model would accommodate a AR15 20" barrel +2" brake and a Non collapsible PRS stock .I noticed some people using them At Diggle Had the barrel poking out of the top of the pack .It could be that they had just not zipped it up fully ?

Cheers Mick

This is a question I want answering, although brown dog questions their price and quality I still fancy one, because I was up at Diggle the other week shooting a Quigley match and I had to hump around 4 separate items, pain in the butt that was, I need to just carry kit for the rifle used on the day instead of humpin around my cleaning box. They do make sense.

Hmm

not a fan of Ebelstocks,,

They look ok, but when you start looking inside them they are cheaply made and if you're using the bah alot will start fraying, wearing and come apart.

You could probably get away with a rifle case that can be slung like a back pac (such as the AIM or Arkteis)

Ive used the latter for years and not needed anything else as it takes everything I can carry.

If youre looking for a dedicated slip in rifle ruck sac, then the two brands Id consider (the two id ONLY) consider would be Tasmanian Tiger or Mystery Ranch.

The build quality for both is excellent and all the details required are there.

Ive seen both in use when at comps and they work, they last,

You do get what you pay for

I have a TT rifle case which is smaller than the Arktis, Ive had it for years - its as good now as when I got it and it gets used a lot.

My other cases including the Arktis are showing signs of wear, quality counts.

I wouldnt place the erbelstock in the quality category,,,

There is a lot of eberlestock bashing going on chaps. At the end of the day these are going to be range bags and not carried through the mountains of Afghanistan. If that were to be the case then mystery ranch all the way having seen Richards pack at the Czech comp last year....

I rate my Eberlestock over my AIM that is falling to bits on the inside and wearing far more from normal use.

I can also zip the rifle slip off the eberlestock and use the pack alone. They are a little pricey once you get them over here which is a shame. But I wouldn't be without mine now.

I guess people are aware of the rip-off bags out there ?

I dont understand the comments on the quality of the eberlestock ? To me , they are very well made indeed. Mines had some real hammer, and its in perfect condition. Its faring a damn sight better than the four aim bags i,ve had in use for the last few years, though to be fair to them, they have also had some serious daily use and i,m in no way complaining about them, i,ve had my money,s worth there and would have more without a doubt.

As I understand it, the eberlestocks are USMC issue for their snipers ? I,m pretty sure they would,t use junk, or gear that wont hack it. Not know for tight purse strings, the American Army are they ? If a soldier can break something, they usually will.

In normal range use, they will last for years.

I have the phantom, this will take a 20" barrelled AR with its stock pushed in shut, without the top cover. It would take a remmy 700 with the top on. This bag is plenty big enough for range use, regardless of the gun. It will be in hard use this forthcoming week, carrying gun, ammo, waterproofs, magazines , binos, tools, first aid and food, plus 2 litres of water every day. Thats enough to carry.

The gunslinger is a little smaller I think ? There is also a larger one, which is maybe too much.

Maxxis, you can have a look at mine and several more at the next Diggle match if you are coming.

I think the gunslinger would suit your AUG.

I have a gunslinger (in very interesting camo!) and a gunslinger 2, both came directly from glen erbelestock who is an incredibly friendly and knowledgable person! Both are amazing quality and have taken loads of abuse and show no signs of wear at all!

Archived