These Eberlstock bags then

maxxis35

I guess people are aware of the rip-off bags out there ?

I dont understand the comments on the quality of the eberlestock ? To me , they are very well made indeed. Mines had some real hammer, and its in perfect condition. Its faring a damn sight better than the four aim bags i,ve had in use for the last few years, though to be fair to them, they have also had some serious daily use and i,m in no way complaining about them, i,ve had my money,s worth there and would have more without a doubt.

As I understand it, the eberlestocks are USMC issue for their snipers ? I,m pretty sure they would,t use junk, or gear that wont hack it. Not know for tight purse strings, the American Army are they ? If a soldier can break something, they usually will.

In normal range use, they will last for years.

I have the phantom, this will take a 20" barrelled AR with its stock pushed in shut, without the top cover. It would take a remmy 700 with the top on. This bag is plenty big enough for range use, regardless of the gun. It will be in hard use this forthcoming week, carrying gun, ammo, waterproofs, magazines , binos, tools, first aid and food, plus 2 litres of water every day. Thats enough to carry.

The gunslinger is a little smaller I think ? There is also a larger one, which is maybe too much.

Maxxis, you can have a look at mine and several more at the next Diggle match if you are coming.

I think the gunslinger would suit your AUG.

Think the gunslinger is the one for me.when is the next match.

I guess people are aware of the rip-off bags out there ?

I dont understand the comments on the quality of the eberlestock ? To me , they are very well made indeed. Mines had some real hammer, and its in perfect condition. Its faring a damn sight better than the four aim bags i,ve had in use for the last few years, though to be fair to them, they have also had some serious daily use and i,m in no way complaining about them, i,ve had my money,s worth there and would have more without a doubt.

As I understand it, the eberlestocks are USMC issue for their snipers ? I,m pretty sure they would,t use junk, or gear that wont hack it. Not know for tight purse strings, the American Army are they ? If a soldier can break something, they usually will.

In normal range use, they will last for years.

I have the phantom, this will take a 20" barrelled AR with its stock pushed in shut, without the top cover. It would take a remmy 700 with the top on. This bag is plenty big enough for range use, regardless of the gun. It will be in hard use this forthcoming week, carrying gun, ammo, waterproofs, magazines , binos, tools, first aid and food, plus 2 litres of water every day. Thats enough to carry.

The gunslinger is a little smaller I think ? There is also a larger one, which is maybe too much.

Maxxis, you can have a look at mine and several more at the next Diggle match if you are coming.

I think the gunslinger would suit your AUG.

Think the gunslinger is the one for me.when is the next match.

Ok The gun slinger looks like it will fit the bill .But now for what colour ? and what free gift ?

:unsure:

Mick

This is a valid point.

Mine's Coyote brown (as are most of them actually) and doesn't show the Bisley mud it gets covered in sometimes, when things are crap and miserable on the range.

The first one I had was a G4 Operator.

It was too big and too light in colour.

The problem with Coyote is that everyone has them now, so it's hard to pick yours our when they're all lying on the ground.

That's why we've all started putting identifying badges or patches on them.

My pal Nick has one in the new Military Green and that's a nice colour.

DaddyPigs is Multicam I think.

None of the colours are bad, but I wouldn't get black as black is old hat and dry earth is too light for use in the UK.

This is a valid point.

Mine's Coyote brown (as are most of them actually) and doesn't show the Bisley mud it gets covered in sometimes, when things are crap and miserable on the range.

The first one I had was a G4 Operator.

It was too big and too light in colour.

The problem with Coyote is that everyone has them now, so it's hard to pick yours our when they're all lying on the ground.

That's why we've all started putting identifying badges or patches on them.

My pal Nick has one in the new Military Green and that's a nice colour.

DaddyPigs is Multicam I think.

None of the colours are bad, but I wouldn't get black as black is old hat and dry earth is too light for use in the UK.

Yes the coyote brown is my choice, it will match my Helikon SFU pants lol

I have no problems with the quality of mine. I over load it everytime I use it, and it gets dragged around all over the place, dumper on the floor, dragged round the quarry. I use it as my range bag and stalking bag. They do have a simple guarantee though. It breaks, they replace it!

I agree ultimately some people are more qualified than me to comment on comfort. I wear mine for no more than 3 hours at a time (while stalking) but target shooting it's probably 15 minutes before it gets dumped on the floor at the range or for moving between firin pints etc. I certainly haven't worn it continuously for a whole day yet but I find it very comfortable to wear. The reason I bought it was I found an AIM bag too uncomfy for the same use and I couldn't fit as much in.

As for being fiddly, no more fiddly than two bags. Yes some of the adjusters are too long but these all have velcro tidies to shorten them. The guslinger in particular is a bag and a rifle slip. Couldn't be much simpler.

Less expensive than the alternatives.

Better made and more comfy than an AIM.

Life time guarantee.

• 3 weeks later...

my gunslinger 2 arrived today .with the cost of shipping and tax on top it has worked out at just under £300 .But what a great bit of kit Very pleased with it .If I can work out how to do photos I will post some later.

Aggy

Archived