case lube ?

Aggy

What you chaps using .

I have tried the Lee stuff and it rusts my dies

and I have tried the Lyman lube and am not overly impressed by that

Mick

i use the lee lube always found it to be ok also use sizing wax but i think its hornady without looking,the lyman spray i have i no longer use never got on with it used to get dented cases or stuck ones

as said imperial wax , it makes the rest look silly and probably the cheapest as well

Imperial Sizing Wax, everything else is a poor substitute.

My son looked at it and commented on how it looked and felt like cheap hair wax which is also water soluble and 99p a pot. I have never used the stuff so hard to comment on if it would work or not....

The thing about ISW is it will probably last the lifetime of an average shooter.

I use the lee stuff and still on my original tube though mostly only neck size with collet dies that don't require any lube. Also find that letting it dry before sizing works best. Try storing your dies somewhere dry to prevent rust?

Imperial Sizing Wax for me.... a pot lasts forever, it won't create hydraulic dents unless you truly slather it on, It works with just a smear on the case, it comes off easily..... what more could you want?

Imperial Sizing Wax for me.... a pot lasts forever, it won't create hydraulic dents unless you truly slather it on, It works with just a smear on the case, it comes off easily..... what more could you want?

Yes Imperial-if Carlsberg or Lapua made sizing wax,this would be it.Just the best and not expensive.A tin lasts a long time too.

g

Imperial die wax when applying to single cases. Slow but very effective in use.

Dillon spray lube when applying to a tub full and leave to dry for 30 minutes before use. Much quicker and still effective.

Imperial die wax when applying to single cases. Slow but very effective in use. Dillon spray lube when applying to a tub full and leave to dry for 30 minutes before use. Much quicker and still effective.

Everyone to his own but you can hand lube (with ISW) a lot of cases in less than the 30 mins it takes spray lube to dry....... the process can be wierdly relaxing too !!! :D

Everyone to his own but you can hand lube (with ISW) a lot of cases in less than the 30 mins it takes spray lube to dry....... the process can be wierdly relaxing too !!! :D

I assure you that it is much more productive to spend a minute spraying a tub of 500 .223 cases half an hour before you need them, than hand lube them.

the thing about isw is simple to use, simple to apply and simply the best

simples init

I have used the Lyman stuff and found difficult to clean off afterwards also it smells. I use for small jobs like neck sizing( with bushing) dry neck powder from Redding with the applicator balls and for large job neck expanding, neck turning and FL sizing the imperial wax. Cheapest, easiest, and easy clean off as well.

I have used the Lyman stuff and found difficult to clean off afterwards also it smells. I use for small jobs like neck sizing( with bushing) dry neck powder from Redding with the applicator balls and for large job neck expanding, neck turning and FL sizing the imperial wax. Cheapest, easiest, and easy clean off as well.

Imperial -it's also the favourite of many serious accuracy shooters who buy the best irrespective.(F class and BR).If you don't like it,you are doing something wrong.

g

Hi,

+1 for the Imperial Sizing Wax. I've been using it for years and am only on my second tin, a little goes a long way. I also use the neck sizing lube which is also an excellent product,

Alan

Imperial -it's also the favourite of many serious accuracy shooters who buy the best irrespective.(F class and BR).If you don't like it,you are doing something wrong.g

On the contrary it's great stuff. It's Lyman stuff that I am too keen.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Lee stuff came with the gear lasts forever as well.I keep my dies in one of the clip lock type butty boxes with some silica gel no rust yet. just got some hornady one shot to try cause I find the Lee stuff labour intensive.

Is this imperial wax easy to apply. this isn't the first time I've heard good thing about it

I use the Lee stuff came with the gear lasts forever as well.I keep my dies in one of the clip lock type butty boxes with some silica gel no rust yet. just got some hornady one shot to try cause I find the Lee stuff labour intensive.

Is this imperial wax easy to apply. this isn't the first time I've heard good thing about it

Yes,it,s about like a non sticky Vaseline in consistency.

You can't go wrong trying a tin for well under £10.you may come to use no other,but will use it,and it lasts a long time....

..if you don' t like it,I'll even buy it from you!

Gbal

Archived